What new things should we expect in 2011 in Libya?

any thoughts, tips?

blackberry services should start, or was it an urban legend?

the new french restaurant on gırgaresh should at last open its doors.(i think only 1 person worked in the construction:)

Sheraton should kick in some time.

the 7 star restaurant opening near radisson should serve booze to ex pats?(another urban legend)?

traffic will be even worse?

also heard that the mall should open up sometime in late 2011 - woot woot!

I predict large signs saying '42' will appear everywhere, peaking in September.
It will have nothing to do with Douglas Adams.

aaa hahaha

It will be nice if the big new mall opens.  Heard a rumor that it will house a skating rink.  That would be great, especially in the winter months when there is not much to do. :top:

bluejay wrote:

Heard a rumor that it will house a skating rink.  That would be great,

If that ever happens, I am taking a vdo camera  down there, with a live webcam. My fortune is assured. :)

We already HAVE a skating rink in Benghazi! :D While looking for internet evidence of same I found some info for you guys in an article titled "Is Libya the 'New Dubai'?"  Hard to believe.  This is the part pertinent to yourselves:

In Tripoli, Turkey's EMSAS Construction is working on a $1.3 billion luxury high-rise complex along the road to the city's airport. The Bab Tripoli complex, to be completed in November, will include 2,000 apartments, a hospital and a giant mall with an ice-skating rink and a 22-lane bowling alley.

This is the part that made me laugh the most though:

Throughout Benghazi, new sewage pipes and electrical lines are being laid.:one

It's all happening round here, eh?

looks like curling will be the national pastime soon:)