Recreation/Hobbies

Anyone interested in Angling ie fishing from the shore with a rod & line, as opposed to from a boat in the Med.
Ron

I have the rod and line but I'm still not sure what we are fishing for so I havent bought hooks or bait.  :)

I'm interested :)

Chad

I'd be interested in coming along to watch you guys catch something larger than a Sardine and to look after the cold Cisk.

Although there have been reports of Great Whites circling the island , in fact one even took a bite out of a surf board near the entrance to Grand Harbour , so there is hope of catching something slightly larger to put in the frying pan.

Keep me informed.

Ricky

I am taking some coaching from my 14 year old grandson on what we may catch & what bait to use. I actually have not fished for about 11 years when I lived in Richards Bay, Natal, South Africa but I must say I enjoyed it. Will make a deal with you Ricky, if we do catch anything bigger than a sardine then we will all have another beer. Happy Xmas.
Ron

I fished a lot growing up, My mother worked for in-fisherman magazine so I was always out with the company owners and their kids and just kept going from there...  I even got some fishing in, in Sadam's personal lakes in Iraq, but nothing here yet.   Let me know when you want to go and Ill get in on that beer also.  :)

Ok.Let me know when.

And I'll drink the beer while you are fishing around.

Merry X-Mas

Ricky

Ronald88

Let me know when as well...  Teusday the 28th is out, but any other time is great.

Will do gentlemen, we will give it a go. My grandson reckons there are reefs around Malta so should be something to catch off the shore or rocks, he talks about gruppa which are big fish. I am a novice but I did catch grunter, rock cod & shad in South Africa. I will speak to the locals when we get established next year & find out what bait & type of line etc. Next question, is there any bowling on Malta, not ten pin although that is a great game, I mean on grass outside where you roll out the jack first & play 2,3 or 4 players each side.
Cheers
Ron

I only know of the 10 pin in St. Julian, I have never heard of the other game you mentioned.   sorry

If there is Lawn Bowling in Malta it will almost certainly be at the Marsa Sports Club - which is a private sports cluib that you have to becaome a member of to use the faciliates - though they do have day/week/month visitor rates too. They have the only golf and cricket on the island....

http://www.marsasportsclub.com/

If not, you could try your hand at Boule, which is played at various places on the island.

Tim