TV prog in Guangzhou

Hi all,

I am from India,

can you tell me about the availability of leasure time possibilities in Guangzhou? is there any indian channels available in cable tv ? An how difficult it is to get
a internet connection there ?

Thanks
Amit

hi,i am native,i don't think indian channels are available on TV,
but you can enjoy several english channels. and the internet is very easy to get. all you need is just to call 969368,it is door-to-door service. it is around 960yuan per year.
i hope it can help you!

Thanks a lot Michelle..it is certainly helpful

Indian channels can i get through through internet web search engine ?

What about the sports channels like ESPN or Star Sports etc ? Can you get english premier league or Spanish premier league in Guangzhou in local cable TV ?

i think Indian channels you can get through through internet web search engine coz i try and they are available.

i call digital TV hotline service by the 969368, they told me that i can find some sport only channels like ESPN or Star Sports, english premier league or Spanish premier league, but all of them are in chinese, no english only channels.

i think you can watch them through internet.

by the way, are you gonna stay in guangzhou for a long time?

Hi Michelle, thanks a lot for your reply and cooperation.

yes I am planing to stay in guangzhou for longer period..
expected for 2-3 years.

Can you help me to know how expensive to get digital cable chanels there? And how much the cost of a standard personal use laptop there?

regards
Amit

26 RMB per month for digital cable channels.

you mean how much of a standard personal laptop? i guess 5000yuan can buy a nice laptop here, but it depends a lot on your requirment, the price varies from 2000-20000 RMB