Photography around Barka city anyone?

Hii All,

I was in Abudhabi last 10 years. Last week moved to Barka city...anyone is around this place for photography.

Whenever i get time will go out with my DSLR.

Any clubs are there in photography.
Please Advice.

Hello Javagm and welcome on board Expat.com :cheers:

I invite you to drop an advert in the Activies&Leisure field of the Muscat classifieds so as to better spread the word to find out photography clubs out there.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com

Hi javagm,

Just to set the records straight, Barka is not a city, but rather a distant suburb of Muscat, (which is of course a city).

You'll be happy to note that Muscat has many very enthusiastic groups of amateur, semi-professional as well as professional photographers.

Most take it more as a hobby, while for many others photography is a serious full-time profession, occupation and passion.

There is an Photographic Society of Oman (for Omanis, obviously), but there are also many active groups like the Omani Photographic Club (which you can find by searching in facebook) and others.

Through one group you can extend your contacts to the many others available.

Happy clicking !

Hi javagm,

welcome to muscat,

with respect to photography , some times ones in a month mr.salim conducts a photography classes and this is his blog.

(***its just an information according to my knowledge i have gone through in social media. its not an advertisement or any related such. If specifying the names would violate the rule of the website.i apologize)

salimblog.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_4o9h_fKps

you can refer the links and it would be useful for you to get some friends to get along for photography

and also as ramadan is commencing and followed by eid holidays it would good for you to choose your destinations for the same

Regards,
Deemonisha

Thanks for the reply, will do.

Thanks for the information sir.

Hi

Thanks for the link.

Hi javagm,

There is a very active facebook group known as 'FSO Muscat ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/FSOMuscat/  ). There are lots of experienced / amateur photographers (based in Oman) registered on that group whom you can connect with.

Post this query there and you will find someone to go on photowalks.

Peace