Singaporeans in Shanghai

New and familiar with Shanghai.
Have posted here for a 1 year assignment.
Previously have came here 4 times a year for business trip.
Hope to meet new friends from around the world!
PM me!!

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Promotion of external groups are not allowed on the forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I am newly posted to shanghai too.
Would love to know singaporean in shanghai too...

Cheer

Hey Yutakam

I know a group of Singaporeans, whom usually play football together.

If you do like to get in touch, i could link you up.

Greets

Hi!!! Anybody from Singapore here? :) I've recently moved to Shanghai for work purposes but i don't have any friends there. Would like to make some if you're interested! :)

Have been in Shanghai for 6 months now and would love to meet up with Singaporeans in Shanghai!

Hi Jac! Would you like to add me on WeChat? :) **

Moderated by Christine 7 years ago
Reason : please do not post your contact details on the forum. Thank you

Hi everyone!

I would love to get some advice as you guys are probably a lot more familiar with Shanghai! I graduated about 2 years ago from university, worked in Phnom Penh for the last 1.5 years, and now I'm back in Singapore but looking for a job in Shanghai.

I would greatly appreciate any advice on how I can find one (I do Marketing & Business Development and I speak both English and Mandarin) - it seems that most job openings I've found on sites like Linkedin are only for locals in China?

Thanks!

hello,

I just arrived in Shanghai :) Any meetup/community that I could join? :)

Kexin

Hello kexin90,

Welcome to https://www.expat.com. :)

Please have a look at the Networking Shanghai section where you'll find members who would like to meet people and make friends in Shanghai.

All the best.

Regards,

Sarvesh
Expat.com team

Hi all, I am also a Singaporean who recently got posted to Shanghai for work! Will love to get to know Singaporeans here :)

Hi Jeanette! I'm currently in Singapore. Are you in Shanghai already? :)

Hey, yes I am! Are you back in Singapore for holiday? :)

Hi, just moved back to Shanghai after away for couple of years.. will love to get to know new friends and fellow Singaporean too..  :)

is there a community set up for all the singaporean in shanghai? i will be moving to shanghai in dec :) love to meet up .

Just moved to here in Jun'17 for work, yet to get the chance to explore the city though.

Hi is there any Singaporean group in shanghai that we can all communicate?

You can check your school's international linkages.

can i ask if we can watch korean drama in SH? in sin we have access to websites and download. can we still do this over there with VPN?

hello ! i am from singapore and just got to shanghai for about a month. Would love to meet new friends. Do let me know if there's any plans to hangout

Hi all, I'm from Singapore and just got relocated to Shanghai for work, wonder if you guys are keen if I set a group chat up; or if there's already one I'd love to join.

I'd love to hear your experiences here while I settle in. PM me!

Cheers!

Hi everyone, I am a Singaporean, in Suzhou for work since last month. Travelling to Shanghai for me is about 2 hours by train and bus. I am really not used to this.

Hope to chat/catch up with you guys here sometime soon.

Cheers!

I'm thinking of setting up a SG WeChat Group, anyone interested? PM me?

Hi all

I am also a Singaporean based in Shanghai for the past two years. Had been busy with work these 2 years. So it will be great to link up with fellow Singaporeans in Shanghai. Can anyone kindly PM me the SG in SH wechat group or any other forum or gatherings that is happening. Thanks.

I very strongly recommend not passing contact details to anyone until you're sure who he or she is.
Sad as it is, we get a whole range of scammers and sex pests trying it on with new expats, but we can't always ban them quickly as they try to do it via the PM system or get hold of contact details.

Please take care.

Hi Keith,

Sounds like a good idea.

My wechat id is t***

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you

Hi Everyone,

I am setting up a Singaporean group. My wechat id is ***

Add me and lets build this group.

I am in Shanghai with my family for 3 years. Myself, my wife and 2 boys.

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you

Hi! Singaporean here too living in Shanghai. Is there a grp of you already linked up. Looking to connect with you guys!

Hi! I am a Singaporean currently studying in NYC and will move to Shanghai for work in August. Does anybody have information on how we are taxed in China? I understand Singapore has no double tax treaty with China. However, is anybody using the double tax treaty from another country? I have been paying tax in the US and am wondering if it is best to continue to do so rather than being taxed in China.

It really depends on the tax rate you are currently paying in US. I am sure the tax rate is about the same. In China, you could get company to pay you allowance up to 40% of your salary. But that depends on your company policy. You could get allowance for various item such as housing, food, laundry, transport, air tickets back home. All allowance is tax free. So you have to do a calculation. If your company is a sg company, there is tax equalization that your company could do for you buy is rather complicated.

Hihi! Singaporean and just got posted to Shanghai for work. Looking to connect with people from all nationalities, let me know if there is a group to join!

Hi MelvinRelo, came across your post here and would love to link up with some Singaporeans who plays soccer here. I just arrive about a month ago and live in Pudong.

Cheers,
Issac

Hey all i will be posted to SH soon next month, feeling scary and nervous mostly! Would love to be link up with new friends!

Hi all! Singaporean here. Just relocated to settle down here in Shanghai. Keen to make friends and join wechat groups. Would any kind soul be able to PM me wechat groups to join especially?

Hi, I'm arriving in shanghai on Jul 12 to start my new career! I will be based in shanghai permanently till i quit my job and will like to hang around in Shanghai with singaporeans! please pm me for any wechat group to stay connected and sharing of useful information!

Dear fellow Singaporeans, I'm new to Shanghai as well. Just graduated from HKU. Looking for job opportunity and community to stay connected! PM me if you know anyone. Thanks!

hi all

is this thread dead?

Hi ayetl,

How are you doing. Desmond here. Are you still in Shanghai ? Any chance of adding me to the SG wechat group in Shanghai ?

@chandesmond78 im looking for a singaporean wechat group too

Hello ,if any singaporeans or your friend want to study in china ,please contact with me ,I can help them apply the universities and scholarship .