The Sticks

Hello Fellow Saudi Expats,

I've just arrived in KSA and am based in the North of Saudi in a quiet, quiet place. I get a lot of holidays- University Holidays. Any ideas of where to travel/ events to attend for the coming year?

Looking forward to hearing from you ,

Lyndsay.

Welcom! Sorry, Could you give us more details about what you are looking for?
Best Wishes,

Are you in Hail, by any chance?

Hello! Greetings and Welcome to Saudi Arabia.

There are things and places to go everywhere around here, just let us know your location and we can perhaps find things to do for you.

Welcome to KSA and the blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you all for your warm welcome! I will be less elusive in the future. I am in Sakakka in the Al Jouf Region. I want to do some stuff in the holidays but am hoping that wherever I go, I am not as restricted as I am here as a woman- cos that's not a lot of fun on holiday. I know there are restrictions across all of Saudi for women but I'd like to find a place where I can explore more, walk etc. Any ideas? x

If your employer doesn't mind giving you a mutliple exit-entry visa, I'd suggest you cross the border to Jordan, Syria & Lebanon. These countries are much closer to your location than any major Saudi city and you won't have to deal with any restrictions.

If you can't leave KSA then you'd probably want to fly to Riyadh, Jeddah or Khubar. I'm not sure there are any other options. Perhaps other bloggers can suggest something else :)

Thanks Madmaz, that sounds like great advice! How long have you been in Riyadh for?

This is my fifth year. Doesn't seem like I'll be leaving anytime soon! :rolleyes::lol: