Boat launches

Does anybody know of any good boat launches on the northern side of the island, I live in Vega Baja, but want to launch anywhere on this side of the island all the way to Fajardo, i've seen some boat launches and they're falling apart or destroyed.

You may try checking with DRN, they may be able to give you a list of locations. Also try the local fish market, usually the local fishermen will give you the ins and outs of local ramps and what to avoid.

we drove to Areciebo the other day, they have a marina and ramp.   Looked fine to me.

How big is your boat?

Hi Sitka,

How are you and Evelyn?  Where is the Marina in Arecibo? We have been there many times especially by the water walk way and have not seen one.

Tonie

Hi Tonie,

We are good, thanks.   Yes, a marina and boat launch - on the river I think.  We went their with some local friends who were showing us the area.  Also a recommended restaurant close to the marina.  It very near the lighthouse and museum/historical park.

Hi there, now that you mentioned the lighthouse, now I remember seeing some boats there. We went over to the beach over there.

Thanks,

Tonie

There is one right here in Vega Baja. Take 686 North towards Punta Puerto Nueva, then take a right on 692 and at the very end on the left is a ramp (past the police station) - I am not sure how big your boat is but you can check it out and see if it will accommodate you.

Penelope - Sugarbird has a great photo in Facebook of a lauch of a boat that did not go so well.

There is a ramp in Costa De Oro in Dorado as well.  What size Boat?  I was going to keep mine in the area but decided with all the islands and such on the east coast it was better to store it on the trailer out near Fajardo

The east coast has a lot of small "Cajos" and islands, also there is the entire set of the small Antilles to go to, so Fajardo is an excellent choice.

I agree. Love it over there!  I keep the boat on the trailer at Puerto Del Rey. So many different great islands within a short distance!

Coastie743 wrote:

I agree. Love it over there!  I keep the boat on the trailer at Puerto Del Rey. So many different great islands within a short distance!

Scuba, Snorkling and fishing. Nothing like going down and bringing lunch up from the sea. Nothing fresher than that.

Thanks everybody for your response, I need to get out and about and check out some of these spots,  just moved to the island in Nov, been so busy trying to set up our store, haven't had chance to explore at all, can't wait to get the boat out.

Awesome. What kind of store

It's a small shop in Rio Piedres at the mercado there,  in the food court, we sell pastries,  natural health products, drinks, food, ect... We even have an icee machine.

Awesome. I'll have to check it out sometime

What type of boat do you have if you don't mind me asking

Hi gang,
Just wanted to let you know that the Caribbean Boat Show is this weekend at Puerto Del Rey, Friday through Sunday.

Oh yeah!  We are back in the states so we are missing it. Ugh! :(