Any suggestions where to look?

I was in Puerto Rico in November visiting my sister, after not visiting the island for over 25 years I really like it alot ,I will  like to buy some place to go for vacations, Any suggestions where to look?

Depends on what you like to do. For excellent, un-crowded beaches, Vieques cannot be beat. For night life with live outdoor music, you would want to be in Old San Juan. For mountain air, from Utuado to the east is full of towns with cool night breezes. For sailing, try Fajardo or Salinas. For great food, try everywhere (but you know that already).

I will like more of a tranquil mountain home with a beautiful ocean view setting, no big city life for me, did all that in New York and Miami,  Thank you for your help much appreciated,  :)

Jackal123 wrote:

I will like more of a tranquil mountain home with a beautiful ocean view setting

Take a look at the Luquillo mountains.You'll have something of everything: rainforest, ocean view, close to one of the best beaches of the island and if you need to go to San Juan it's only 30, 40 minutes away.

Hi Gary, I like your website about Holland, I did a trip last summer and that was one of the countries i visited in my way to Russia. Now back to PR, I keep hearing from my relatives that there is a lot of crime going on the island, but I don't know if that any different  than leaving here in Miami or anywhere else in this country,  plus I'm not going to be leaving there fulltime, Thank you for your time,  :)

I'd also look into Naguabo further to the east. It has a more remote, small town feel to it with the mountains descending right into the ocean. Its downside is it has fewer dining options than Luquillo and Luquillo has an expansive beach while Naguabo does not.

I Google the town Naguabo, it looks very nice, Thank you! :top:

You're very welcome.

I live in Luquillo. I prefer the beaches out here.

Do you live in a house or a condo, do you feel safe in that area of luquillo? Thank you for your time  :)

Jackal123 wrote:

Hi Gary, I like your website about Holland

Thanks! It's time for an update for that site. If I only had some more free time..

Jackal123 wrote:

I keep hearing from my relatives that there is a lot of crime going on the island, but I don't know if that any different  than leaving here in Miami or anywhere else in this country,  plus I'm not going to be leaving there fulltime, Thank you for your time,  :)

There sure is a lot of crime going on and it looks like the police doesn't really get a grip on it.. It's the same in most big cities in the US mainland  (or anywhere else in this world for that matter)
Now, a lot is drugs related and if you're not in the wrong place at the wrong time it won't concern you.
Avoid 'bad' areas, secure your home, don't drive around in an expensive car that car jackers like (nobody wants my 6 y/o Ford Taurus  :unsure ) and you'll be just fine.

I have a house in the Pitahaya area of Luquillo, it is a semi-rural barrio.

Its ok, however there is crime in the surrounding areas. As many others have pointed out most of it is either drug-turf violence or domestic violence... fairly easy to avoid (for me at least). I honestly am more annoyed about noise (churches, neighbor's band practice, ice-cream/ doughnut van and speaker-trucks) than crime.

Worth the trouble and my 60-90 min daily commute to the city for clean air, affordable housing and secluded beaches.

Luquillo Beach is my favorite beach. I wish I lived closer..

My favorite in the area is actually in Fajardo at Seven Seas where you can walk to the hidden beaches (Escondida & Convento). You find literally around 5-10 miles of uninterrupted deserted beach that goes all the way back to the blue beach in Luquillo.

I bought a place in Luquillo at Playa Azul. Three 22 story buildings on the ocean. Good security and ample parking. Close to shopping etc. The units range from efficiency to 3br 2ba. We love it there.

I'm looking in Naguabo