Android developer

i wanna job in my field of IT what i need to do now am in mossoro brazil.......

Although Mossoró is the second largest economy in Rio Grande do Norte, with slightly over 200 thousand inhabitants, it is still a relatively small city by Brazilian standards. The primary economy is agriculture and second to that the petroleum industry.

It's quite likely that your only hope of finding employment in the IT field in Mossoró would be in the petroleum and petroleum related industry. About the only way of securing employment there will probably be through taking your CV directly to the Human Relations Department of these employers.

Your CV should be in impecable Portuguese, and really unless you speak Portuguese fairly fluently, you are not likely to find employment in such a small city in the interior of any state, no matter what your qualifications and experience may be.

Cheers,
James
expat.com Experts Team

i have experience of 2 years of development of application and my resume is in english now.

tell me in fortaleza have job of IT field ?or it good for me go there or search job there.because i think there have people which speak english or they need employee which speak english well

English is not widely spoken anywhere in Brazil, not even in São Paulo and Rio. Certainly you will find it essential to speak Portuguese rather fluently anywhere in Brazil if you want to find a job. There is absolutely no way around that.

Fortaleza is a state capital, so there will probably be a lot more job opportunities there than in Mossoró.

Cheers,
James
expat.com Experts Team

I mostly agree with James, but I have seen a recent trend in  the IT industry that may be good for you. I have also been working with Android development in the last few years, in the São Paulo area.

Some new companies are focusing on offshore software development, where English fluency is a must. I visited one of those last week in São Paulo: there was a sign near a door saying "from here on, speak English".

I heard that this is also a trend in Northeast Brazil. Recife and Fortaleza may be the main locations to investigate for a software development job.

Finally, there is also a trend of remote development, both globally and in Brazil. Geography does not matter that much in this case.

Anyway, I would advise you to keep a well maintained profile (in English)  on LinkedIn. Most of the companies that may be interested in English-fluent software developers search their candidates using that site.

Fortunately, Android developers are on demand. Good luck with your job search.

Jorge Diz

Well Mossoro... not a chance. Fortaleza or Recife at least. SP is definitely better for IT.
I am living in Fortaleza and working  in IT. There is a small market for APP developpers but there is competion and wages are low.  There is exactly 0 advantage to speak english (or any other language) in this region.  Companies are generaly local. Speaking english could be an advantage only to those speaking portuguese fluently with local diplomas and local experience. Here foreigners have genereally businesses in tourism (pousada and restaurants) or teachning. I do not know any foreigners who are employee.
And in smaller towns, Q.I. (Quem Indica) is even more important, so difficult for outsiders.
You should really try your chance in more industrialized/developped regions.
All the best