Best cities to live in Montenegro

Hi,

It's not always easy to decide in which area to settle in when moving to Montenegro. According to you, what are the best cites to live in?

Which regions offer most of the job opportunities, a good quality of life, an affordable cost of living?

Share with us the cities you would recommend to expats and soon-to-be expats in Montenegro.

Thank you in advance,

Julien

All the cities are nice. If I could I lived in all of them. Luckily the country is small and you may reach it pretty fast everywhere.
I guess it really depends on you priorities. I know the family that settled in Cetine just because of ghe fastest internet - they work in the net someway. And it has areally beautifull surroundings too. They got kids.
I like sailing and my job is conndcted to the boats. So  I got to live at the seaside.
Locals say you'd better not to live all the time in Kotor as it is quite cold and wet in winter. Especially for aged people. But the town is so beautiful, I'd rather spent some extra on heating if I got the chance to stop in it ;0)
Ulcinj is very warm in every meaning. Like a small Istambul for me.
People are nice everywhere, despite they are quite different. And that is amazing.

My fave city is Bar beyond a doubt as there are active animal advocates there who are making a considerable difference. In Ulcinj there is only one and her battle is just so incredible. They were just shooting street dogs last week in Ulcinj and mind you some are as sweet as a new born pup. Aside from Ulcinj being more primitive than Bar, the Spring and Summer are hopping in Ulcinj and it has some great cafes and a few good restaurants. But out of season it is really just dead. Bar on the other hand is always bustling. Forget about getting a job there. I have friends making 250E per month and working like slaves 7 days a week. There really are no jobs to be had. it is more of a retirement place or a place to start a business if you have the guts and speak Russian and Serbian.