Moving from Australia to Amman

Hi
In a few weeks i will move from Perth to Amman.

I still have around 20kg free baggage allowance any idea what I can bring with me what I don't can get in Amman or what is heaps more expensive in Amman
I will bring my Philips airfryer because I love her :-) do I have to pay tax for her ? 😇

What else is legal to bring ? Herbs,bacon, salami,cheese ?

Cheers Stefan

Hi Stefan,

You can get almost everything from the Souks (supermarkets) in Jordan at competitive prices.

There is no duty on items of personal use.

Aforementioned items are legal to bring along. Just make sure they are sealed airtight during travel.

Hope this helps.

Good luck
Z

hello. you can find everything in Amman. so really do not burden yourself. as for your fryer well customs officials are sometimes moody and most probably they will make you pay a fee. if you bring a bill to show it is used they might be kind.

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : please post your offer in the housing section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Please post the ad in HOUSING section

Z

computered wrote:

hello. you can find everything in Amman. so really do not burden yourself. as for your fryer well customs officials are sometimes moody and most probably they will make you pay a fee. if you bring a bill to show it is used they might be kind.

hi mates,

i just arrived today :-)

tomorrow will be my first working day. at the moment i stay in a hotel but im looking for an apartment - no rush cause my boss is paying the hotel :-)

now im looking for a few good pubs, where to shop and where to buy beer :-) i have a bottleshop around the corner they sell henninger beer for 3 dinar

im happy to catch up with everyone - im easy going and a happy dude

cheers stefan

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : please post in the housing section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Promotion of services not allowed on the forum

My first two weeks in Amman been exiting. Lovley people and i really enjoy Amman.

Hopefully i get my appartment sorted this week and next week a car - than im happy.

I found a few nice pubs Brick Lane, Rovers, Queen Vic...

Cheers
Stefan

finally i found a nice apartment :-) thanks to the forum.

hope that i can move in tomorrow

cheer

stefan

Great! hope you are comfortable. where is it?

it is close to the 7th circle on the roof with a big terrace great for BBQ :-) and relaxing

That sounds great, hope you enjoy it very soon as the weather goes better and better.