Home sick :(

Hi everybody, im lebanese married and living in jordan
Its been 4 mnth already since i left my country, till now im not getting used to amman and always homesick and comparing beirut lifestyle to amman lifestyle.
Im trying to find a job to get distracted in but till now either no chances or a very low wage which i cnt possibly accept to have...
Any suggestions to make me not regret leaving my lebanooon

Salemtik Samahit.

I can not take your home sick away but I can give you some "tools" that maybe works for you.

Give yourself the time to adjust in Jordan.
An emigration, no matter where you go, takes time.
In my case I gave myself two  years to adopt in Jordan.
Even after almost zeven years I have a love/hate relationship with Jordan. Till know I don't do what I wanted to do in the beginning. This has to do with a lot of personal reasons and the way  how things are organized here.

Stop to comparing Lebanon with Jordan, it makes more worse then necessary. Jordan has his good sides to, you don't find them yet.
Don't forget that after a while you think of  your homecountry in a unrealistic and "romantic" way: that everything is good and better then in your current country.
But you always forget that your homecountry is also changing and not always in a good way.
I realized this when I get back for the first time: I had a great time but I have seen things that I didn't noticed before and I disliked it.

This must you feel better when I tell you that you don't have to face a different language. After six years I have the chance to study the arabic language to communicate with other people and to be more independent. I do this now for 5 months but it is not easy for me.
And you don't have to adept in a totaly different culture.
I am not saying that Lebanon is the same as Jordan, ofcourse there are difference too, but smaller then when you come from a Western and christian country.

I tell you all this to make you see that everything is relatively and I am sure that after a while you find youw own way.

Thanks primadonna
You are totally right!
I was in lebanon week ago just for a visit, i felt totally weird, and it situation isny any better.
Im glad that u understand me and i think ur case is even harder than mine since u need to adapt the traditions and culture and learn a whole new language. Welldone i say amd thanks for ur letter it reAlly comforted me

That is what this forum all about: to help each other and to share  your experiences.

I am glad that I can help you :D

hello you,

i can imagine how you feel, i know very well how was my first year in jordan!!!
you'll have to get used to it!
sometimes it feels like a nightmare and sometimes you will be surprised how beautiful can it be.
it is different than at home but try to think positive!!!
and you need some new friends and distraction especially now!!!!
you know the get-together from inter nations. org

regards

habana

p.s. you are welcome!!!

It is really became very sad leaving a great holy country like Lebanon . But anyway you have to cope up with this case . I'm ready for help .i just found a job yesterday for me but i dont want anymore for 500 Dinar i wish if it still available or you accept it i'll make u comunicate with 'em directly . R u Druze ? Druze became sick when they leave their lands as they consider 'em holy :) anyway Never be sad all this time to avoid falling in depression . be happy .Be sure ,there are lot of things can make you happy here in Jordan . :)

Make new crazy friends to cheer you up!

To Samahit and anyone who is feeling homesick or depressed. First of all this is totally normal. If you didnt feel this way, then you wouldnt be living... I think if you look at through an open window you will find Joy...... and you will find Sorrow. There is always a polar opposite. They are just two sides of the same pole. If you feel one deeply you will feel the other just as deeply.
But I will offer you some words of wisdom..... It doesnt matter where you are in the world, HOME should be within you, not where you want to be.
Have fun, enjoy life, feel everything even the bad..... it comes and goes, but when you make yourself aware..... it doesnt seem so bad.

Thank you everybody, ur words are really wise and lifted me up :)
Im trying my best over here hopefully one day ill be happy in amman.

Answering bara sube question, no am not drize Lol :Dand abt a job i dnt mind working in anythings so why not :) i would appreciate help :)

Again im glad i found this blog as i feel i have a shoulder to lean on with u ladies :)

Thank you

hello,

yes I'm very Home sick as well, comming from the us to be with my husban here in Jorda,Amman. I can't wait to get back to the states to have a normal life again. and I can relate to the wages coming from making 1,400per month to one pay check of 200.00 a month here in
Amman. it's rediculas how can anyone live on that and my husband dosent make much more so even our combined income isnt enough to get us by month to month. frankly I'm sick and tired of eating one meal a day if you even want to call it a meal.

why are you not able to go back to your home land?

My husband lives in jordan since childhood, his famiky immgrated from lebanon to amman since wwII
The insecurity and unemployment in lebanon made me leave my country :) yea i come from a country that suffers from bombings and chaos, for example right now syria bombed a side from lebanon while in other specific area in the south are gun shooting over each others…so i thank god that jordan is safer
But employment wise it sucks... Very low wages i dnt know how people live or have fun!!

hello again,

yes i figured that was the case, why you had to relocate to Jordan, I really pray that things get better for you and your family and that your able to find peace and happiness. I know it cant be easy for you to adjust and start all over again and just want to have some normalcy in your life.  I look at my life here in Amman for the last 8months has been hell and then some, but at least I can say in the end I can return back home to the states and start my life all over again, so for that I am thankful for. although it will be a great challeng for us both, we will be going back with little money in our pockets, no home and no job to go to. starting from scratch, I pray that we will be able to find a job within the first two weeks we are their so we can get into a place, and start living again and fullfill our dreams as we have planed it to be, to have the freedom to do and live our life as a married couple and not have our every move judged and I can be free to exspress myself and not be a walking robot in public.

I hope everything will turn out for the best for you and ur husband.
hopefully ull return to the states and find no difficulties in starting a new page :)
It will be bit hard but u seem to have faith and the will to stand up again so im encouraging u to make such step
Best of luck :)

Ty :)

Helloo,

Same situation and i really feel for you.
I lived in Ireland and got married to a Jordanian a year ago. I was very excited about living in Jordan and that it would be way better than Ireland because i thought Ireland was quite boring and gloomy, but i was totally wronggg :(:(.
I hate living there, rarely saw anyone and i only knew 2 or 3 people and I got to know them just because they lived close. I got homesick reaaaal bad which made me regret leaving Ireland, where everything is nice,nature, civil people { no offence to Jordanian people}. Most of the men treat their wives as if they're maids..... all they do is clean,cook and mind their babies.

I know it's not like this in ALL Jordan but sadly the majority are like that..

I'm on a holiday in Ireland and couldn't be happier. Sometimes i wish something major happens so i don't have to go back but I guess that's not going to happen, since i have to go back to my husband.....

Good luck with your life and i guess you just have to get used to it..

Hi Asmae101,

Welcome on board to this site and thank you for sharing your story.

While I was reading your post a little naughty thought came up in my mind: if you don't like it here why you should go back? Unless you love your husband so much.

On the other hand: it takes time to adjust, give yourself that time. I know it is not easy but giving up to soon is also not an option for all the troubles you went trough to live here.
Try to find what your interests are and focus on that. I don't know in what area you're living but maybe there are gatherings for women? Or your embassy organize some activities?

:) hii...how u doing? i just want to ask u why u left your country ... and what u can work hrer may i help u

william

sweet_william79 wrote:

:) hii...how u doing? i just want to ask u why u left your country ... and what u can work hrer may i help u

william

are you homesick?

:(  ofcurse i am

have good friends  so no homesick.g out with them and have fun just be careful on pickpocketers