New to expats .

Hi there, I came to Thailand some 6mts. ago. I am trying to settle down in Pattaya. I am looking to purchase health insurance  with hospital cover. Not expensive but at reasonable price, and to purchase a car on monthly repayments if possible
If you can help me please l would much appreciated. Thanks

Thai Life Insurance is the cheapest for hospital only,  We are in are 60's and we pay 1400.00 dollars a year, 1600.00 for my wife she is 4 years older, they will insure you till you are 90 years old, which you won't find on any other insurance company. Also they will pay out if you have to be in the hospital in the US, which is very hard to find. The only thing is that they will take another 300.00 dollars from you every year for life insurance, but after 5 years you can take it all out. And if you die they will pay 3,000 US dollars toward your funeral expensives. Good Luck To You.  I don't know about car payments, they gave us such a bad time trying to purchase are car, we paid cash for it.  We are going to be selling are car & moving back to the US next year. Its a 2014 Subaru XV, Mint Condition, 20,000 kg Fully Loaded. Patrick

Thank you for your info, but it is a little out of my monthly budget

As foreigner you will not get loan or mortgage easily in Thailand, you must have cash to pay for car, a small car brand new can cost around 400,000-500,000 THB, you can buy used car but depreciation is very slow, don't buy too old as it can be modified engine, fake mileage, etc... Look in expat.com there are many car available for sale.

Car manufactured in Thailand will be cheaper than imported cars, as imported cars will be taxed very high ( high duty ), look at the website of the main dealer of japanese brand ( toyota, honda, mazda, mitsubishi, nissan ... but also Ford, isuzu,.... many pick up here, or small eco B car

Regarding heath insurance, what you need is IPD  ( in patient ) for hospital, you don;t need OPD ( out patient ) as doctor visit as not expensive.

There are many local company you can ask for quote ( not companies for expat ), usually it will cost you 20,000 - 30,000 THB per year depending on the cover and your age, you can try companies lile Axa, Bupa, but also Bangkk insurance, Muang Thai, thaivivat, ...

A complete list of Thai insurance can be found in the website of Bangkok Hospital here : https://www.bangkokhospital.com/huahin/ … insurance/

Just visit the website of these companies to understand the cover and get a quote online or to request a specific quotation.

Dear friend, CTRMNoptf, I would like to thank you for your advise. You are more then helpful and I shall take a look at the stated web page and thanks once again on advice  for car purchuse . Just a note that I am 62 yoa, and would like to know place and details of expat's meetings in Pattaya. thanks again

Hi Patrick can you please get in touch with me **
I do need a name of your insurance company
Thank
regards
auserb

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For own security measures, please share personal contact infos only in private.