Health insurance

I hear Thai govt have introduced a Health insurance plan for O& A Retirees.

Is it cheap,is it good what r the pitfalls for over 70s upto 100yrs

I hear Thai govt have introduced a Health insurance plan for O& A Retirees.
Is it cheap,is it good what r the pitfalls for over 70s upto 100yrs
-@Arild Huitfeldt

An O-A Visa (if that's what you're asking about) and extensions based on an initial O-A  have always needed a health insurance. As far as I know there's no government plan what so ever. The insurance is mandatory. Health insurances for people 70 years of age and up are not cheap and several companies don't even issue them if you're to old. If you're on an O visa you have a slightly better chance to find an insurance while in Thailand and for a better price.You pay for how much the insurance covers.

Buying health insurance anyplace will be expensive benefit claim is low pay. In case of sickness you want to check in general hospital rather than private hospital. For sample my German friend needed kidney stones operation private hospital wanted 300,000 baht but general hospital charged 30,000 bath for high tech operation cost 5000 bath more (use telescope with small cut) the cut is small healing in short time .  I can see the big different in the cost. Hope this information help you guy.

Buying health insurance anyplace will be expensive benefit claim is low pay. In case of sickness you want to check in general hospital rather than private hospital. For sample my German friend needed kidney stones operation private hospital wanted 300,000 baht but general hospital charged 30,000 bath for high tech operation cost 5000 bath more (use telescope with small cut) the cut is small healing in short time . I can see the big different in the cost. Hope this information help you guy.
-@Gary Chaisongkram34

You're correct. Never chose an expensive private hospital if you can go to a good government hospital. Stay away from expensive private hospitals especially in Phuket,Bangkok and Pattaya. Pacific Cross is in my opinion a serious and not very expensive insurance company. They have many different insurances with several levels of coverage. You can chose exactly what you want

the insurance to cover, one example, just by skipping Outpatient,you save 20% of the premium.