Making up baby formula in Morocco, is tap water safe?

I'm planning to take my baby for a family visit to Marrakech within the next couple of months. He will probably be around 5 or 6 months old at the time.
At home in the UK he is fed exclusively on formula milk and my husband insists that tap water in Marrakech IS safe to use for making up bottles (it would be boiled anyway before consumption), but I'm not totally sure and a friend has told me she stuck to bottled water for her baby's feeds in Marrakech. I guess bottled water would be the best option, but it could be awkward to go to the shops to buy it each time baby needs a feed :)
Any British or European ladies on here with experience of feeding their babies with boiled tap water in Morocco? Any problems? Maybe I'm worrying for nothing.

Hello sunflowers1980,

I suggest you to read the article "Health care in Morocco" especially the "tips" section.

Regards,
Naomi.

Hi, I have taken my son to morocco, he was breast fed but this was the time when he was just having formula before going on to cows or goats milk. We brought ready made formula, they have sma etc at the supermarkets. I wouldnt use the tap water, its probably fine after being boiled but there is not much difference in price between powder and ready made. Hotels dont normally have kettles in rooms and it is dufficult to explain to moroccans to boil water. They think it will need to be temp for baby to drink. I found cafes and resturants where more thsn happy to help with babies, giving us heated cows milk was a pleasure for them. My big problem is transport. Finding a taxi with seat belts is near impossible. The 'small taxis' hardly ever have them and the 'grand taxis' dont work in the City. I usually get a bus to the hotel and once i have found a taxi with a seat belt i get his number. What city are you going to?

Hi, the water in Marrakech is not too bad(coming from the mountens), but it's always better, ESPECIALLY for babys to buy water in bottles(like Ain Atlas for example in 5 liter bottles for around 10-13Dh.). That's what we did for our baby.
In every case, all of our kids where breastfeeded 2 years, thanks to ALLAH and had water extra.
Good luck !

I'm in casablanca and have used boiled tap water for making formula many times with no problems. I still use bottle water mostly because I already have it on hand for us to drink.  Bottled water isn't hard to come by in Morocco and it is very cheap here. Most hotels do not have kettles or microwavws here so boiling it is harder than finding a shop to buy bottled water plus I would suggest you only drink bottled water yourself while you are here. Just to be in the safe side.