Delayed salaries

Hi is anyone knows where to complaint for delayed salaries? I have been chating with my boss for my salaries he always answer "I should wait" it's almost half of the month now. Is there any ministries or should I go to ministry of manpower? Any idea? Thanks!

Hi Richele,

The problem you are facing is a very common one with smaller organisations where they do not generate enough cash flow to pay their employees on time.

If you keep quiet, you may not even see your salary. So better raise the red flag now without any further delay.

First have a serious (yet cordial) chat with your company head. Tell him / her how desperately you are in need of that money, and politely, but firmly request that you need you salary to be paid immediately. Don't get conned into false promises made by your management. Be firm and hold your ground.

Also, it is really important that you keep all discussions on record. You could send out a detailed mail to your management clearly noting all that you have discussed and saying something like "as per the discussions we had today, you have promised to pay my overdue salary before  ....". Make sure all the management team is copied in that mail. This should ring the alarm bells for them.

Do not start off your negotiations by threatening to take your employer to the Ministry of Manpower. Quite frankly, as individual employees, we cannot do much. So it is better to go on a softer and more sensible note, so that your objectives are satisfactorily met.

As a last resort, approach your embassy and lodge a formal complaint against your employer. This is where all your documented evidence would be required. Without recorded evidence and with only word-of-mouth, you do not stand any chance.

Good luck.

Thank you so much for a very clear advice. Well I guess I need to make appointment and sit with him again for clearer discussions.
More power! Thumbs up👍