HELLLLPPPP!!!! Opening a Bank account and Phone contract

Hi,

Im moving to Lille in 2 weeks for a job i have been offered. I need some help on a couple of things :

The first being i need to open a bank account with a debit card & also with a credit card, as i will need to use this to live before i will get my first pay

Secondly i need to open a mobile phone contract. Will i be credit checked?
How does it work?
What Id do i need?

Thankyou for all your help

Hi !

I don't know if you got answers to your questions ??????
My name is Elisabeth, I am French, I am 48 and I live close to Lille.
Regarding your bank account, the best for you is to enter any French bank when you arrive. They should be able to open an account immediately if you show an ID and a justification of the address where you live. You'll have to wait a little bit for your credit cards (a few days), because they will have to order it to their headquarters.

Regarding your phone contract. The main supplier in France is "Orange" but it's a bit expensive, others exist : Bouyghes, SFR..... You just have to enter one of their shops in big city centers, and a seller can propose you different formulas, depending on the speaking time you require per month : 1 hour, 2 hours...... Usually short messages are unlimited, but will have to select if you want an unlimited connection on the internet or not, the price will depend on all that. Once your selection done and contract signed (but you need to have your bank account open) you will have to select a mobile phone, either included in your contract if the model is basic, or with an additional sum to pay if you want an I phone for example. The seller will be able to show you all that.

If you need to know more, don't hesitate to write me to ***

Welcome !
All the best !
Elisabeth

Moderated by Naomi 8 years ago
Reason : Do not post you contact details for security reasons.Please exchange them in private messages.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi lisa in lille,

Thank you for replying to victorialou's question but note that exchange of contact details publicly are not allowed.

Thank you
Naomi :)

Hi Naomi

Thanks for your message.
I am sorry, I didn't know...(this was just to be helpful)

Please tell me if my message was sent or not ,and if not, if I thus  have to send a new one without my private information...

Thanks and regards
Elisabeth

Hi Elisabeth,

Thank you for your help but we do ask the members for security reasons not to post their contacts details. It is better to exchange your contact details by using your private message system.

Hi Victorialou,

Hope that the reply of lisa in lille has been helpful and do not hesitate to ask other questions if you do have.

Thank you
Naomi  ;)