Driving license Oman

Dear all,

I have worked in oman 4 years back. I  have gone for driving learning practice there for a month .  My Indian driving license had been attested there that wont requre a drum test and slope test  that tme  Any one knows the current rule there? that old driving book( ketcha) still with me that is stll valid? or if  i go for further practce or test need to take drum test or slop again....

regards
Nizam

Hi nizampu,

The latest rule from ROP states that whether or not you hold a valid driving licence from India, you must have to necessarily undergo all the required tests, including the Drums and the Slope tests.

oh really..thanks for your reply sir

Btw i just learned today that the fees for road test has increased to ro 60 :blink:

And wot about the person holding Saudi driving license??

I'm in the process of coming to Oman from Saudia Insha Allah.... but i still don't find any advantage of being a expat of a GCC and traveling to another GCC country....i have to go through all the procedures which normally I have gone through in India...

i know every country have their procedures and policies but I hope GCC countries take note of it and plan something feasible for expats of GCC who wants to travel or relocate to other GCC country.