Ex pat areas

HI ALL

Im a 32 year old male looking for a better life thailand has caught my attention,the cost of living the sun shine,night life,with something always to do,i know i can get a visa for a year or a year and a half,with a re entry visa.

I have savings and investments,so i am not relaying on work at all but if i did love thailand could i invest in a busines so i could stay as a perminent resident,im guessing there would be a way to stay if you have money and to get involved with some thing for boredoms sake as well.

I have seen there are british and many other ex pats in bangkok pattaya and phucket,and im not sure what would be best for me,im looking for some where fairly safe,many other expats and ex pat bars easy place to make friends,not over crowded with tourists all the time,a good range of things to do good night life,but places where you can have a quiet meal and drink as well,good accomadation,may be even private swimming pool.

Any advice on areas or suggestions on what would suit me would be great also about finding a way to renew my visa through business or investment.

Thank you

Only you can decide which area of Thailand is best for you.  I suggest you live in each area for a month and see which you prefer.  I for one like Bangkok and Pattaya but as I said its a personal choice.

In answer to question about business investments. Lots of money has been lost doing business in Thailand with Thai's and even expats.  I for one would not invest any money that you cannot afford to lose.