Voltage converters

Hiiii!

So I'm a hairdresser coming to Phnom Penh for work. I have hairdryers that are 125V 69Hz 2000W with American adapters.

Does anyone know if I will be able to buy a voltage converter there that can transform 125 V to 230 V so that I can still use my hair dryers for work?

Even if it were available, I'd not trust such device unless imported from a country with reasonable electric safety regulations. You really should bring it with you from the States.

JanKrohn wrote:

You really should bring it with you from the States.

Only if you have a lot of cash.
A hair dryer is a high power bit of kit, 2,000 w in this case, so you need a big transformer to run them.
That means weight, and that means paying airlines lots of cash.

Will they work?
Assuming your place has a good electricity supply, yes.

Is it worth it?
Up to you, but check out the shipping costs, then consider possible import duty and potential messing around in customs.

I suppose I'm going to bring it and some security strips and then buy an electronic inverter when I get there? It doesn't seem worth the weight to fly with a converter...

I know this seems stupid, but a solid hairdryer is important for good hairdressing.

Thanks for the help everyone.

It doesn't sound even slightly stupid.
I don't know if industrial transformers are available in Cambodia, but that's what you need.
Maybe abailable from builders' suppliers.