Moving to Munich.

Hello,

I am moving to Munich for work starting in October. I've been having trouble finding a place to stay. Could anyone help me find a place, or at least advise me.

Thank you!

Hi Kyriacos Stavrinides,

Welcome on board :)

I will invite you to please try your luck and drop an advert in the Housing in Munich section as it might help :)

Thank you

Maximilien

In terms of accommodation, Munich is the most expensive and most difficult city in  Germany.
If you cannot get a room in a student hostel, you need to search on the open market and have a rental budget of at least €500-600/month.
In addition, since all landlords will want to meet you before deciding, you can realistically only start your search after arrival in Munich. This means you need to arrange for temporary accommodation first (e.g. in a hotel, pension or backpacker hostel).
Also, places are usually advertised (and soon taken up) 2 - 3 months before the current tenant moves out (and you can move in). You will have to stay in the temporary accommodation for this period, too.
Please note that, in addition to the first month rent, a security deposit equivalent to three months rent (and if you engaged a property agent, also his fee of up to 3.5 months rent) is required on moving in.
Good luck! (You will need it.)

My boyfriend just moved out of his flat a month ago and he is german. The monthly rent was about €300, this is because he lived outside of the city (Freimann I think). So try and look outside of the city as this will b a cheaper option.

To find a whole flat in Munich (even in the suburbs) for just €300/month is unbelievable luck!

Yeah he had a flat share

Oh, so it was only a room for €300/month?
Still a good deal, given Munich price levels!