Resigning within the signed contract

Good day to all, I would like to ask what are things that I will encounter once I decided to resign after 1 year with the company instead of completing the 2 years signed contract. I am planning to resign due to personal reasons. My Iqama will expire in January 2016 and I was planning to resign Oct/Nov this year. I will render a 1 month notice since that is the formal and correct way of resigning here. Is there anything else that I need to consider before I push through with my plans?
Thanks in advance for the response.

Since you're resigning earlier than what they expected, I suggest you render your notice earlier than a month to give them ample time to find a replacement for you. Do this just to avoid getting asked to extend for that reason. This happened to me when I resigned. They didn't really force me to stay but they asked me nicely if I could stay until the new me arrived.

Thanks dear, I am planning to render 1 month notice period for that same reason. What's bothering me if I will be paying something to them.

ChristopherO. wrote:

Thanks dear, I am planning to render 1 month notice period for that same reason. What's bothering me if I will be paying something to them.

In our hospital, those who resigned earlier did have to buy out their contract. Talk to your HR.

I see, well I guess I really have to clarify that with our HR. Thanks for the heads up though. Appreciate it

If you recieved any sign on bonus then you have to repay back at a prorate.  Also you will have to buy your own ticket to go back home.  Finally no end of service award.

Didn't received any sign on bonus when I started, for the plane ticket I know I will shoulder it since I'm under contract. By the way, shall I tell them not to renew my Iqama since it will expire on January 2016. I was told iqama renewal is done 3 months prior to expiration.

I believe you should. If Iqama is renewed, you most probably have to bear the expenses as well including health insurance, work permit, etc charges.

They also might or might not demand the charges they invested to bring you here. It's always better to clear things now as compared to after resigning.