R&R Trip to Tunis

Been thinking of heading to Tunis for some R&R.  Djerba is only 3 or so hours away.  Is it worth it?  If so can anyone recommend any night spots and hotels.

Thanks

K

Maybe you could also check out the Tunisia expat forum.

Hi

I go to Tripoli once a month or so.  Generally go onto hotels.com a few days before going - get last minute bargains that way.  You will see which ones have or are near night spots.
Yes Djerba is about 3 hours but depends on time of day.  Thursday evening can be a LOT longer due to delays before and at immigration.  Get your insurance for Tunisia just before the border post or you will have to go back - cheap 2/3LYD a day.  And fill your tank, petrol on other side is European price!
Dont forget to slow down when driving on the other side - speed limit is 90, kliks not miles!!
Malta is also an option, easier to get to than driving - flights by Air Malta and Libyan Airlines, first is dearer but you get refreshment, an expensive G&T when you compare prices!!  LN though have an unfortunate habit of cancelling their flights:( 
Plenty of night spots in Sliema/StJulians/Paceville.

yes dejrba about 3 or 4 ours driver .it is good please ..you can find the night clop good hotel and the price now in dejrba cheap
.. if you have car and the car for the company..you have to go to Libyan international clop  in nofleen tripoli.. you have to pay 2000 lyd deposit for the car and when you come back you will get  to your money ...

Djerba is so nice place to relax and have a wonderful night life.
You have to go to Midoun, the touristic city, which after the Alkantra, the road on the sea connecting Zerzis with Djerba, take the slip road to the right and this will take you Touristic city.

Yadis is a wonderful 5-star hotel, it is located in close to the night clubs, there are different night clubs there, I prefer Le Pacha Royal Garden Hotel night Club. it is at the back of the Royal Garden Hotel, u do not need to drive to go to the night club as it is just one road u cross from Yadis Hotel to get to the night club.

I go there on weekends, it is pretty good.

enjoy ur time

Hello Kmltn :)

Your discussion has been redirected to the Tunis forum for better communication and networking.

Regards,
Sheetul

Dont be silly.  This discussion has nothing to do with the Tunis Forum.  It is for expats working in Tripoli who are thinking of going to Djerba for a couple of days RnR.  Kindly leave alone what you dont understand!

I agree with erinman, I am sure there are other people interested in info on R&R places near Libya.  Plus there is the extra info about requirements from the Libya side such as insurance for cars etc.

I would also be happy if this thread stayed on the Libya forum.  This is useful information for expats here.