Is current political situation in KL adverse fortaking an expat role

Hi,

Internet and news media is flooded with reports of protest in KL against current PM....does this in anyway can impact a persons decision of moving to KL as expat.

should this be a point to consider for taking such decision?

Please advise

Regards
Amit

Ask this..

Were there any reports of such things last week, and will there be any mext week?

If you get to next weekend without a "yes", it's likely the stories were hyped up.

One demo doesn't mean serious danger.

What you read in the internet and news are like icing on a cake.
My daily life here is not affected in anyway, so why should it affect ppl who wants to live here?

Yes i think it is a serious issue. Malaysians are upset. Never seen them so upset and we are talking about normal folk. But worse is the haze! It's like smoking a pack a day at the moment.

Indonesian Consul General has apologised to Malaysians for the haze in the past 2 weeks.
API in my area is bet 125-170 varying on a daily basis. Should we accept their apology? :/

What they need to do is shoot the fat cats who are doing this. But hang on guess who owns all the land and is doing this..... :dumbom:

Haze situation is a no solution crisis ,period  :sleep

there gona be even another protest tomorow..I am not sure at what degree its denegerous, and we shouldn't go there?

Nemodot wrote:

What they need to do is shoot the fat cats who are doing this. But hang on guess who owns all the land and is doing this..... :dumbom:

Malaysian palm oil companies?

http://www.themalaymailonline.com/malay … e-punished

There appears to be a mix of companies illegally burning off the land, and that includes Malaysian companies.

One has to read a little further than a biased newspaper report ... if you prefer the truth over propaganda.

Hooray ! API in Kuching is reaching 193 and going up  :sick

Yeah...! API has reached 207 in Kuching ... :sosad:

Toxic haze from Indonesia has become like a festival, it happens every year now. Based on the corruption level in their country I don't think their president can do much even if he is determined. At best their authority might be able to arrest and charge the workers who started the fire but the bosses behind will never be affected, the burning practice will continue.

On the subject of protest, i think it is similar to the haze, it has become a new norm in Msia. So we better get used to it.