What make/model of truck is easy to get repaired?

A few years from now I want to bring a truck down when I move.  Yep--I know, the duty fees are high.  Ideally I'd just buy a car there and be good to go, but I need something until then, maybe 8 years from now.  I'm looking at used trucks about 10+ years old.

So, if you broke down in the remotest parts of the country, what truck could you get most easily fixed?  And what one would you avoid--no mechanic works on those, and/or it could take weeks to get a part? Having a dealership in Belize City doesn't necessarily mean it is easy to get it fixed in Orange Walk Town, I'm guessing.

The question isn't the reliability of the car--it is really 'can you get it fixed easily'.  I'm mechanically inclined, but all cars eventually break down. 

I'd get a Toyota Hi-lux diesel but they aren't sold in the US.  I'm thinking a Dodge Dakota 4 or another small 4 door truck, but curious if that is a wise move.  Maybe US cars are hard to get parts for, who knows?  Any ideas?

I was discussing this very subject with my son today.
Last week his van  sprung an  obvious oil leak so not wanting to risk driving the couple of miles to the garage he stopped and rang for help.  While he was pulled to the side of the road, waiting for a tow to our trusted mechanic, he did some car spotting. Being market day there were plenty of vehicles just in the 15 minutes he was watching toyota trucks were the single most numerous make, ford trucks probably second  as the wasn't a 3rd obvious make as seemed to be a few each of most of the popular trucks we see here in California. This was not done scientifically in any way the only thing you can take from it is that Belmopan market day has more Toyota trucks than other brands.
He asked the mechanic about it. 'well you dont want the chinese and indian trucks cos they only do manual drive and have weak suspensions forever needing new shocks,' His advice for us if we bring a truck down "there are no mechanics that will be trained on the most recent electronic and computers parts, older simpler models are better, bring a spare of everything on it. but if you want to buy new  buy in Belize then you get a new truck that hasn't got thousands of miles on it and the warranty will be useless out of the country issuing it. There is a Toyota dealership  in Belize that keeps to the warranty,'  that last bit could explain why Toyotas are the most numerous.
This  guy has been keeping our GMC 1997 truck going despite its age milage and driver, that day it was put up on the lift checked out until he found the problem  then fixed it changed the oil well refilled it really and my son drove home an hour or so  later.The total charge for all including the callout and tow to the garage,was 93 Bze dollars. ( $46.5 us)
People often ask if they should open a garage in Belize,  if they think they can compete with that sort of price and service and get the work permit then the niche market is fixing those electronics and computers in the modern vehicles.