Smoking ban extension proposals UK

Jess Lord almighty ban smoking out of doors to protect smokers from themselvex not to protect non smokers. God help us if that ever becomes a proposal in Malta. Nanny state gone mad

i dont get the banning smoking in beer gardens - you know people smoke out there so dont go and eat out there  - i understand why they may ban it at school gates ..

robpw2 wrote:

i dont get the banning smoking in beer gardens - you know people smoke out there so dont go and eat out there  - i understand why they may ban it at school gates ..

Its a BEER garden,not a smoking garden  ;)

I find it quite ironic that in UK you can't smoke in pubs but they still sell cigarettes and  in some cases cigars. Up to now though you can smoke outside, for how long who knows.

redders_61 wrote:

Jess Lord almighty ban smoking out of doors to protect smokers from themselvex not to protect non smokers. God help us if that ever becomes a proposal in Malta. Nanny state gone mad

Even if they do, the Maltese would just ignore it. I've been in a few Band Clubs recently where lots of the clientele were sitting smoking, in fact most of the bar staff were smoking behind the bar too. Laws are useless if they're not enforced.