STRICT ENFORCEMENT FOR FOREIGN NATIONAL CERTIFICATE APPLICATION

Immigration has, again, increased its efforts to track down foreigners that have not registered for their Foreign National Certificates (Alien ID)/ found holding EXPIRED Alien ID Cards. This is part of a nationwide scheme to increase security in the country. Foreigners will be stopped at random in public places and business premises will also be visited. Foreigners found with no proof of registration (Waiting Card)/ found with expired Alien ID's will be subject to hefty fines and/ or arrest.

Carry your Alien ID Card or Waiting Card with you at all times. In the likely case that your Immigration Agent is holding your original Waiting Card in order to follow up on your Alien ID Card, walk around with a CLEAR photocopy of the Waiting Card as well as a CLEAR copy of the receipt for payment of Registration.

Have a legal Tuesday  :)

Source: Department of Immigration/ Nyayo House

Hi Becky would appreciate some advice from you if possible. I am married to a Kenyan lady for the last 18 years. we have 3 sons, all of whom have dual citizenship ( Irish/kenyan, as indeed does my wife). i want to apply for Kenyan citizenship through marriage. Do you have any experience in this particular area? we lived in Kampala for 20+ years and we all moved to Mombasa in July 2014. I do 'legally reside in Kenya' as I commute to UG every month and I come in on a visitors visa when I enter. i have asked at immigration a couple of times in Mombasa but no ones seems to actually know the process. any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Hi Africa Nut, have sent you a message (inbox).

Hi beckykwanga,

Thank you for your initial post on the strict enforcement for foreign national Cert. Application.  :thanks:  It will be highly appreciated if you can advice African Nut on the forum itself so that any member in the same situation may get the infos easily by reading this thread.

cheers,
Bhavna

yes lets scare the remaining visitors away whit more of this new strict inforcement rules......they already come up with the e.visum.....this they like very much.?????....but they have to know travelers are not happy with it.....and just stay away from kenya.......soon they can close al the hotels......manny is already closed