Any taxes/surcharges/fees on electricity bill?

Hi - I am trying to get a better feel for cost of electricity. I have seen lots of examples out there regarding size of home and how much ac they run, dryer usage, etc etc etc. I am looking for more specific information regarding the bill. At home in Minnesota, the electricity charges only make up half of my bill. Gas is also on there. And then there is over $60 in various fees and taxes, etc! "Distribution charge", "City tax", "State tax". It's really ridiculous. So what I am wondering specifically is if your electricity bill only has your electricity charges, just the kwh usage, or is there a bunch of random taxes and fees in addition to that? If so, how much are these other fees?

Good question, I'm curious, too!

There is a surcharge for fuel adjustment and another special charge the government created that get tag onto your bill.

adlin20 wrote:

There is a surcharge for fuel adjustment and another special charge the government created that get tag onto your bill.

How much?

The electric bill is break down into:
Fix charge
Usage charge at kWh x $0.0767
Fuel purchase at kWh x $0.090475
Energy purchase at kWh x $0.046029

The wayer bill is break down:
Water charge
Sewer charge
Fix charge
CCAR charge
Special charge
If you live in the country you dont pay sewer since most have septic tanks. My bills runs between $15  $20 since we have not been in the house longer than a few days. Maybe someone in the groupcan tell you more regarding average usage.

Thank you, adlin20, for the breakdown!

With all said and done, my e-bill is between $55-$75/month

Mac00677, what is your usage? Do you use AC? Im trying to gage my usage to see if solar will be an option.

mac00677 wrote:

With all said and done, my e-bill is between $55-$75/month

Why have I read some places about their bills being hundreds of dollars? Have rates dropped?

I am also interested if solar would be viable there if someone lived there full time. Initial investment would be high but with electricity costing about double than the mainland it might be worth it.