Visit to Abu Dabi

I met someone from Abu Dabi, purely by accident, we have communicated via eamil, facebook, and phone for sometime, he would like me to visit, he would be paying for everything, I trust him, I think, lol, I am an American, so trusting anyone in the middle east is rather difficult.  I would like to come, but reading everything about the problems with dressing there, drinking, public displays of affection, and more than anything sex without being married...
Is it safe for me to fly there and see this man?  I really want to see him, yet, I am very scared.  I travel to Mexico and the Caribbean by myself with just my children all the time, so i am no scared of the travel aspect of it.  Any advice?

Be wary of anyone you meet on the internet.

kimmyah wrote:

Be wary of anyone you meet on the internet.

Big Time!

Do a Google search for "scammers", have a look through some of the sites and you'll soon get an idea of the depths that these idiots will go to in order to fleece the unsuspecting.

It's very dangerous to meet someone in the internet especially here in the Middle East... countless stories of bad things happened with this kind of meetings. Especially you will be seeing him for the first time... take a lot of caution before doing it...take care

Don't listen to anyone, it all depends on the guys profile... It is very safe here in abu dhabi...far safer than any place in the world....drink, that 100s of pubs and night clubs, have sex in your home or hotel and enjoy your time...
But again, it all depends on the person's profile and nationality...they are categorized...if u need more info send me  an email and I will be glad today help...khalifedany@gmail.com
Cheers
Dany

I'm considering applying for teaching posts in Abu Dhabi.  Will I have a good social life, or is life a bit restricting?

Thanks for any advice/info.

Dee

Hi Dee! :) You are off topic here. I suggest you to start a new discussion on the Abu Dhabi forum. Thank you and good luck.

deewallace wrote:

I'm considering applying for teaching posts in Abu Dhabi.  Will I have a good social life, or is life a bit restricting?

Thanks for any advice/info.

Dee

Hey up me duck ;)