Guinean passport

Hello everyone
Do any of you know whether the non-Guinean spouse of a Guinean can apply for a Guinean passport, and under what circumstances, and how please? I've been googling it for hours and can't get any info. Thank you!

mollycrow wrote:

Hello everyone
Do any of you know whether the non-Guinean spouse of a Guinean can apply for a Guinean passport, and under what circumstances, and how please? I've been googling it for hours and can't get any info. Thank you!

To get get a passport for any country you first have to be a citizen of that country. I take it you have tried to find information from Guinean authorities?
Perhaps you husband has a better idea of who to contact ??

Good luck

My husband does not know anything, also he's in Australia where there is no embassy, though he probably wouldn't understand anyway being very unwell, and so far Guinean authorities have taken my money twice for a passport which has never eventuated. There is nothing on the internet and I'm in west Africa but the consulate here is also very dodgy. I'd like some factual information if anyone could provide it please as I'd like an idea before I go to guinea in the next couple of months. Thanks!

Found this finally - sorry for asking but I had spent many hours over several days on a rubbish data connection on my tiny phone which is making me blind! All answers are contained in this document, as I thought I am automatically a citizen by virtue of being married (different law if I were a man marrying a Guinean woman) but they do not recognise dual citizenship so if I took it up would lose my Australian citizenship. http://www.unhcr.org/4cbc60ce6.pdf

Best to stick with the Oz passport then ...... :)

Yes! Though it keeps getting filled up with visas and stamps when I'm spending time in Gambia or travelling to and from Guinea by road. I was kind of hoping I could have both but I think those Conte days are over. Which is not a bad thing of course.

mollycrow wrote:

Yes! Though it keeps getting filled up with visas and stamps when I'm spending time in Gambia or travelling to and from Guinea by road. I was kind of hoping I could have both but I think those Conte days are over. Which is not a bad thing of course.

Have PM'ed you.