UAE Drivers License !!

Hey Friends,

Im currently holding a Valid UAE Drivers License, If i'm going to get Bahrain Drivers License, will they take my UAE Drivers License Original Card?
Can i drive in Bahrain with UAE Drivers License without taking the Bahrain one?

Hi, i don't think they will take your original UAE driving license, but you have to go to there office to convert your license from UAE To Bahrain driving license. You may pay some amount for the card.

I am not sure, if they allow you to drive while holding a uae driving license. But to make sure, go the there office and confirm with them because they are now tightens the rules and regulations and they charge you huge amount of offense fee.

Cheers!

Hello Chamara81,

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=291865  : Converting dubai license to bahrain

Kindly go through this post and yes they will take your UAE license.

T&R

As I posted on the other thread, they WILL take your original UAE driving licence.  And unfortunately, they send it back to Dubai and it shows in your RTA file as "impounded" i.e. not valid.  Myself and my wife are in the same situation.

You can drive on Dubai licence if you are leasing a car but if you purchase a vehicle, you need Bahrain licence.  Secondly, once you get your permanent residency and are ever stopped by the police, they can tell from your CPR if you have Bahrain licence or not.  If you are driving without one (even if it's UAE), they can argue that you are a resident and hence need Bahrain licence.