Hair Donation?

Does anyone know of anywhere to donate hair in vn? I've got about 8" of the stuff, not sure if I should save cutting it off until I get back towards towards the west where i can find an organization that will take it.

The vast majority of donated hair is thrown away. Locks for Love is a prime example and one of the largest hair charities in the west. Over 80% of the hair donated to them goes directly in the trash and the rest is sold to wig stores. These charities do not manufacture wigs. What they really want is your cash donation. The whole "donate your hair" thing is just a marketing ploy.

Most of the hair used to make wigs and extensions is bought from young women living in the Philippines. For the most part, wigs makers want only "virgin" hair that's never been dyed, treated, or bleached. They pay good money for the right hair and have no problem finding girls willing to sell it.

Thanks, that's really helpful. I'll save myself the trouble then.

Okay, second part question, does anyone know a place that understands English well enough that I could communicate that I wanted several braids done and then for them to cut it off? Weird, I know, but I've got a weird sense of humor.