Socializing in Fajardo, Ceiba area

My wife does not speak Spanish, are there a lot of English speaking people in these towns (Fajardo, Ceiba)?

There is a club in PR called Newcomers. Lots of people from the Luquillo area, not too far from Fajardo!

Thanks for info I'm from NYC area and will be relocating to Luquillo soon . I speak only English right now so good to know!!! ..... Johnny

suzanne12345 wrote:

There is a club in PR called Newcomers. Lots of people from the Luquillo area, not too far from Fajardo!

Thanks that will work well
Added to my notebook,  :)

Yup, most everyone speaks English here. In Fajardo, you have La Estacion owned by another NYC expat, la Ola in Las Croabas has a bilingual staff, the kiosks in liquillo have a bunch of English speaking owners, BBQ#25, tattoo, la Parilla are all kiosks with American owners. I myself am opening a restaurant right in the town square of Fajardo (Rustica).
You can download the Yelp* app and find local business listings.
Welcome to the island!

Bklyn2fajardo wrote:

Yup, most everyone speaks English here. In Fajardo, you have La Estacion owned by another NYC expat, la Ola in Las Croabas has a bilingual staff, the kiosks in liquillo have a bunch of English speaking owners, BBQ#25, tattoo, la Parilla are all kiosks with American owners. I myself am opening a restaurant right in the town square of Fajardo (Rustica).
You can download the Yelp* app and find local business listings.
Welcome to the island!

Thanks a lot, I will check them out.

Good luck !!! Thanks for info

right now that's where we are staying... in Fajardo. There are some beautiful beaches and the only places we have eaten so far are the kioscos... good food!

I like the Fajardo, Ceiba, Luquillo, Naguago area for when I retire. The beautiful beaches and proximity to several islands. If I can afford it, within 3 years of being there I will likely buy a boat, then I can go fishing and snorkeling with the wife, instead of paying to get me there. Breakfast in one place, Lunch some place else in the island and dinner elsewhere. Island Hopping!!!!!!

Wow that sounds like a great idea good luck

BearNVa wrote:

right now that's where we are staying... in Fajardo. There are some beautiful beaches and the only places we have eaten so far are the kioscos... good food!

I see you are planing on moving to Las Marias, which I believe it is close to Rincon. Since you were staying in Fajardo, what attracted you to go to the west side of the island instead of staying in the east? IS it because of the higher number of English speaking people there?

I would myself consider the west side of the coast mainly for my wife, but most of my family lives in Carolina and Las Piedras and they are getting old so once I make the move I will likely stay in the East North East and surrounded areas. Besides I love to be close to Viequez, Culebra and the many atols around them.

we like the west side because it's more laid back and a little cooler in the mountains... we like our privacy and want a house with a little land... we love eating and snorkeling at Steps beach.

Similar situation for me also, my fiancé family is in Canovanas and I like being near to Islands and rainforest. I will be in Luquillo...