Thinking of moving with our two children to Poland.

Hi,

My wife and I are thinking of moving with our two children to Poland.  We're staying here for 4 month this year to see how we like it.

We would like to meet some English people who have made a similar move and are now living in Kraków.  We'd love to pick your brains and obviously make some new friends.

Hope to hear something soon!

Thanks,
Christopher

Hi Chris.

Both, my husband and moved from Hampshire to Krakow 1 year ago.

My husband is a full-blooded (lol) English and it was his idea as he fell in love with this beautiful city.
I am Polish, but came back after 25 years of emigration and Krakow is not my city of origin.

We love it here. Especially summer, when the city council is organizing many events, when you can sit at the main market with a drink or coffee in one of many, many outdoor cafes and restaurants.
There are many great parks or just a walk in the historical part is just a delight.

For your kids (and not only for kids!), there is a great event on the river next to the castle, that is organized by a children's theater "Bagatela". It is a MUST to see and it is called "Great Dragons Parade" (30/05). If your kids are very small, you can buy a sitting places. Otherwise, it is fun to sit on the grass bank of the river and watch very spectacular fireworks and laser-show with music.

We hope, that you will enjoy the life here. If you need any advice or just want to meet for a dinner, drinks or just a coffee, let us know.

Greetings,
Marzenna and Steve

Hello everyone,

@chris1976

I moved your post from the 'new members introduction' topic and created a new thread with your post and the adequate response to it. ( thank you Marzenna :top: this is what Expat.com is all about. ) Hence granting it more visibility.

Feel free to ask your questions here and best of luck with your expatriate experience, which i hope you will share with us  ;)

Looking forward to reading you,
Gavind
Expat.com Team.

hi all ,
My husband is getting job in Wroclaw , we two  along with my 02 yrs son
can anyone  tell cost of leaving in there  and  English  school for my child ??