Sponsoring a Non Ecuadorian for a work visa

OK, this is a long shot, but I'm wondering if any of you who run businesses have brought in workers from other countries, and if so, what was the process?

This is the situation I'm looking at. I have a friend who I worked with in Afghanistan. Both he and his brother worked on a US military base that has since been closed. Now that the base is closed the Taliban has taken over the area. His brother has been killed and he was injured by the taliban. I'm trying to help him get out. He's waiting on s special immigrant visa to the US, but the process is slow and he's running out of time. As a back up plan I am looking into hiring him to be a personal assistant and language instructor for my family or as a worker in my wife's business. I figured I could talor make a job to fit his rather unique skill set to justify bringing in a foreign worker. What I don't know, is where to start or if it is even possible.

Well if you're just throwing that out to see if something sticks - what about:

I have known US government employees stationed abroad to sponsor foreign domestic workers and get them legal residency in the US with their sponsorship. (I know that wasn't the question you asked).

Also, what about this person seeking asylum in Ecuador under UN human rights?
- unhcr.org/pages/49c3646c137.html

Sorry the UN Human Rights Asylum Seekers didn't embed correctly.

Try again: http://www.unhcr.org/pages/49c3646c137.html

jessekimmerling wrote:

OK, this is a long shot, but I'm wondering if any of you who run businesses have brought in workers from other countries, and if so, what was the process?

This is the situation I'm looking at. I have a friend who I worked with in Afghanistan. Both he and his brother worked on a US military base that has since been closed. Now that the base is closed the Taliban has taken over the area. His brother has been killed and he was injured by the taliban. I'm trying to help him get out. He's waiting on s special immigrant visa to the US, but the process is slow and he's running out of time. As a back up plan I am looking into hiring him to be a personal assistant and language instructor for my family or as a worker in my wife's business. I figured I could talor make a job to fit his rather unique skill set to justify bringing in a foreign worker. What I don't know, is where to start or if it is even possible.

Wishing you the best of luck and success in your efforts.  It is a shame that Iraq and Afghanistan have citizens who helped the US military but are now faced with a situation not unlike Vietnam in 1975.  It is a fitting Memorial Day weekend tribute, I hope more will do what you are trying to do to save the lives of those who helped us.