Visiting fiance in Ecuador and hoping to get married.

Hi, I am a US citizen living in the US. My fiance is an Ecuadorian citizen living in Ecuador. We would like to get married in Ecuador while I visit for 3 weeks this summer (assuming travel is possible). I know we can only get married at a few specific locations, but I am not clear if I need a special type of visa or anything else. I understand I only need my passport to visit but I keep reading I need some sort of special visa to get married. Since I am not planning to stay and my fiance is an Ecuadorian citizen, does anyone know more detail? Thank you!

You get the 90 day tourist visa stamped on your passport at the airport. Three weeks timeline (my guess and experience) is not nearly enough. May I recommend hiring an immigration lawyer to help you navigate the system? Requirements will include: apostilled birth certificate from state of birth, state of current residency background check, FBI background check, proof of income--all apostilled and translated into Spanish. Hiring a vetted visa facilitator will keep you on track and make sure you get all of your ducks in a row without pulling out your hair.

Congratulations and best wishes on your nuptial planning!