Cost of Laser eye surgery

I have had laser eye surgery in ho chi minh. Have around 50 dollars worth of contact lens solution that I need to get rid of. Willing to offload it for 10 dollars. Message me ASAP if interested as I leave Saturday and would love to help someone out

Hi,

could you please post in the classifieds section?

https://www.expat.com/en/classifieds/asia/vietnam/

Thanks

just out of curiosity; how much did the laser eye surgery cost ?

looking to get one myself in Vietnam, would you recommend the structure you've used in Ho Chi Minh ?

thanks,

Hi Gulfport

I would definitely recommend eye surgery here. I went to cao thang eye hospital and paid around 1200 British pounds for femtosecond lasik which is the highest priced procedure they offer. I was originally going to pay half the price for the microkeratome lasik but due to the steep curviture of my eyes I was advised to pay more for the safer advanced laser procedure. It is much more expensive in England and takes more time to arrange. I originally looked into bangkok but the prices are now on par with home. You will need a full week off work in my opinion to rest your eyes after surgery and take it easy. Any other questions, feel free as I know there's not too much info about the hospital on the Web.

Hi GP

Hope you are well.
Is the cost GPB1,200 both eyes or only one?

For comparison this will cost you in Singapore National Eye Ctr [ SNEC ]

>>>  FLEx is now available at SNEC.   
The cost per eye is between SGD $2,300 and $2,500 and this includes postoperative care. <<<

Hi paulpoh

The cost was GB 1200 for both eyes. Would have loved to go to Singapore, and I did look into it as I know the standards are first rate but it is still a little more than I personally could afford at the time.

Agreed, it not cheap in Singapore almost 100% higher.

Thanks Brad for the info & i wish you a safe and happy recovery.

bradtucker wrote:

Hi Gulfport

I would definitely recommend eye surgery here. I went to cao thang eye hospital and paid around 1200 British pounds for femtosecond lasik which is the highest priced procedure they offer. I was originally going to pay half the price for the microkeratome lasik but due to the steep curviture of my eyes I was advised to pay more for the safer advanced laser procedure. It is much more expensive in England and takes more time to arrange. I originally looked into bangkok but the prices are now on par with home. You will need a full week off work in my opinion to rest your eyes after surgery and take it easy. Any other questions, feel free as I know there's not too much info about the hospital on the Web.

I am looking at the possibility of laser surgery too. Did the procedure go well and now, some months later, your vision is much better? I heard it was quite cheap in VN but still done safely and to a good standard.