Dentists in Saigon

Hello folks Im heading to Saigon to live and work as an English teacher in 6 weeks and was wondering about dentists there and the prices they charge? You see dentists charge a lot here in the UK and I wondered if folks think id be better leaving any work until I get to saigon, I just need a check up but usually always need extra work done and have a little pain at one of my teeth, this is usually when the dentist tells me I have to pay £300 to get the work done, which I hope to avoid. Any info on dentists would be great thanks.

There are a number of dentists in HCMC.  The last time we were there we went to a government clinic and teeth cleaning was about $12.

One of the best and largest dental practices in the country is WestCcoast Dental - so named because the principal owner is fom Vancouver, Canada.

I hate dentists but Westcoast makes it painless, even when it comes to the bill, although not as cheap as a government clinic!

They are within a couple of blocks of Ben Thanh Market, downtown.

< www. Westcoast international.com / >

i dont know about the cost of english-speaking dentist but in vietnamese dental office which is very popular, your tooth decay may cost just about 20-40$ depend on how bad it is.
and i think you dont need an english-speaking dentist, because every dentist has at least a basic english level, you simply come and show them where is your problem and everything will be done easily.
btw i have to go to dentist tomorrow for the same problem of you, will tell you how is that office later :D

Thats great guys thanks for the information I think I will wait until I get there sounds much cheaper! I've only ever had two dentists in my life so want a decent one. My last dentist bill was £240 and I just cant afford those crazy sums, reason ive not been in a year or so and need them cleaned and looked at. Do you get teeth whitening services? It costs £200 here for that, something again I cant afford! Thanks again appreciated!

I had two crowns down at Westcoast when I first arrived here. Great job and super service. Cost was about a third of the uk for the same work.
WestCoast do tend to cater for the tourist health traveler so the prices are a little higher than elsewhere.

I hate dentist but these guys put me at ease and were very patient with me. there are a lot cheaper places around and I've been told they are as good but I've not investigated them in detail yet.

My mrs had her teeth whitened elsewhere for half the price of WestCoast. I think that cost her around $100 maybe a little under, but that included full check up etc.

Thanks for the info laidbackfreak, seen teeth whitening for £40 the other day but think I will leave it till im in Saigon, still works out cheaper

I wondered if folks think id be better leaving any work until I get to saigon, I just need a check up but usually always need extra work done and have a little pain at one of my teeth. I hate dentists but Westcoast makes it painless