Life in the Big Tree

It's been almost two months now since I first set my footprints here in Qatar. As expected the biggest challenge for me is how my body will adjust with the 5 hour time difference back  home in the Philippines. I had discomfort in sleeping maybe for the first three weeks but after that I was able to recuperate swiftly. Life here started to become smooth and normal, not until last week when my sleeping routine totally turned me upside down. Its worst than the first three weeks of my stay. I have difficulty in getting a good sleep in fact there are times when I cannot sleep at all for 3 days. How can I probably overcome this dilemma? Can anybody be of  help please. I badly need it...

bodj wrote:

It's been almost two months now since I first set my footprints here in Qatar. As expected the biggest challenge for me is how my body will adjust with the 5 hour time difference back  home in the Philippines. I had discomfort in sleeping maybe for the first three weeks but after that I was able to recuperate swiftly. Life here started to become smooth and normal, not until last week when my sleeping routine totally turned me upside down. Its worst than the first three weeks of my stay. I have difficulty in getting a good sleep in fact there are times when I cannot sleep at all for 3 days. How can I probably overcome this dilemma? Can anybody be of  help please. I badly need it...

Have you tried to consult a doctor? Or perhaps you are going through serious home sickness, and it's worth to mention that you're going to witness the sudden change in weather in the next couple of days and your body is having a hard time to adapt, these could be some of the factors.

I've never been to a doctor for the reason that I don't have yet my health card as well as my National ID as of the moment. But as soon as I got them I will definitely seek medical attention. Is there a way I can buy a sleeping pills here without prescription? I think for the mean time I badly need it 'coz my body is starting to feel the effect of not having a good night sleep. I think homesickness is no match with me because I'm enjoying my journey here so far. I have buddies with me and we are really enjoying each others company so homesickness haven't set-in yet so far...

Most of the symptoms relate to stress and if I am not wrong it is endless thinking you have, you do not need any treatment but few tips I will suggest:

Dinner time should be earlier 1900 hrs
Little walk after dinner (Not Jogging)
Shower before going to bed
olive oil head massage everyday before going to bed
Soak almonds in water and early morning peel & eat
Fresh milk will also be a great help

No over the counter sleeping pills available here.

I suggest you try to identify what causes your insomnia. Noise? Comfort of your bed? Problem? Just think of any possible reason and maybe you can start from there.

You can try some relaxation music, white noise, total lights off, no caffeine after 3pm, no workout 3 hours before bed, hot milk, or any dairy product also helps producing melatonin. Relax. :)

i hope you will be able to find good zzz's again. And welcome to Doha! :)

Thank you for all your advices my new found friends here in Doha. I do appreciate all of them. I'm hoping and praying that things will be better soon so that I can enjoy a normal day-to-day life here in Qatar.