Just moved to PP

Hi everyone!

I just moved to Phnom Penh from Siem Reap. I've visited a few times but I haven't had a chance to explore as fully as I'd like. So I'm asking for advice on the following, ideally within cycling distance of Riverside:

- Laundry service (machine wash)
- Best cafe
- Best pizza
- Good Korean food
- Western supermarket (I guess it's one of the Luckys, unless Bayon Market is any good?)
- Bike shop - I need to buy a hand pump, but also need somewhere for occasional servicing and maintenance
- Home exercise equipment (e.g. free weight - nothing too serious)
- Nice place for a leisurely beer/mojito/G&T or two

Plus anything else you guys think I shouldn't miss. Nothing too fancy - I have fairly simple tastes.

I'm also looking to pick up a small refrigerator and a kettle, so please let me know if you're selling or you know of anything going cheap.

I'm also looking for work (qualified accountant) so I would also welcome any tips on that.

Please feel free to share any unrelated or general recommendations or advice.

Thanks!

Welcome to PP!

For pizza, I recommend you discover the small alley which begins on the left just past Malis restaurant on Norodom (going south, just after Independence Monument). Amazing pizza place (known as Luigi's but has a different real name), and some other eateries and small bars.

Thanks! I think I've found that place on Tripadvisor. I will definitely check it out.

Original Abster wrote:

Welcome to PP!

For pizza, I recommend you discover the small alley which begins on the left just past Malis restaurant on Norodom (going south, just after Independence Monument). Amazing pizza place (known as Luigi's but has a different real name), and some other eateries and small bars.

Yeah, great place indeed! It is now called Piccola Italia ;-) highly recommended.

For western supermarkets, you may wish to explore Thai Huot Market on street 63 in BKK area or on Monivong blvd near Canadia tower.

Bayon supermarket is also good, by the way. a lot of good stuff there.

Interesting about Thai Huot, I got the impression in Siem Reap that they're a bit overpriced. I'll check them all out.

ajrcrawford wrote:

Interesting about Thai Huot, I got the impression in Siem Reap that they're a bit overpriced. I'll check them all out.

You are right, but it is just a matter of availability of some certain goods. There, you can mostly  find European goods. The spirits department has fair prices :-) One bottle of Martini Bianco is $7.50, for instance. I didn't see it cheaper yet.