Certificate of Good Conduct...how to obtain it quickly.

Does anyone have direct experience obtaining this document. without the use of NIS personnel?

As in a certificate from the police stating that you did not commit a crime while in KZ? I know a guy on here by the name of Jamin was able to get one. Didn't seem that difficult.

Correction - I did have some obstacles before I managed to get the documentation. Initially I was informed b my IVP that its a straightforward process just needed to go to the right place with someone who can speak the local languages. Thought the VP-External Affairs is supposed to handle these kind of things, he "sat" on it for 2-3 weeks before throwing it back to ma saying that its NOT his job to do this and I have to deal with it myself. I was fortunate to have "friendly" local colleague who can help me and sorted it out without any problem within a matter of few days. It cost few thousand KZT, but worth paying "over the odd" for it.Finally I had the documentation translated in to English. How and what the process is still a mystery to me, but "knowing" someone who KNOW what the are doing is just "gold dust".

I agree with the comment that "knowing" someone who KNOW what the are doing is just "gold dust". Its all about who you know. I'm lucky because  I am happily married to a Kazakhstan citizen.

I used to work several year in Kazakhstan and got my police certificate for international use via Kazakh Service Centre. I think - this is the only company that charges real money and does the work within 10 days. Before, I had a bad experience and order the certificate from another KZ Micki Mouse company, send them money ( 200 US) via Western Union and never got my document. I was mad :-(, so found Kazakh Service Centre, paid them 350 US via PayPal ( credit card) - and got the proper certificate in 12 days. Kazakh Service Centre provided all paperwork, so the process was smooth...(kazakhservicecentre.com/police_certificates.php)...They actually did apostille for me as well on this document.
Good luck!