IT Auditor - 800KD

Hi all,
I have got an invitation for IT auditor vacancy in Kuwait for 800KD. I have 4 years experience which includes 2 years big4 firm experience.  Pls advice me whether it is reasonable or shud I negotiate for more?

You should get between KD 1200-1500. If you are single then you can survive with KD 800 but if you are married then it will be difficult to survive with this salary.

Thanks for your response.  I am single. However I have to manage all expenses within 800KD Since company is not providing accommodation or transport.
if I accept this offer, how much I would be able to save ?

on what pretense are you informing him that he should be getting 1200-1500?

Is he a senior?

with all due respect, please do not just throw factless, baseless numbers around like its nobody's business.

as a starting salary, 800KD is more than enough. depending on your living conditions, you can save anywhere from 300-600KD per month on that. by living ocnditions i mean will you live alone or share accommodation, will you buy a car or take the bus.

I am an internal auditor, and i can tell you that yes, 800KD is a good salary.

over & out.

Thanks Legacy

Yes legacy, for bachelor the offer is good , that's the reason I asked him whether he will come here alone or with family. He is single so he can save easily KD 500-600.  @ihsanaj: You should accept the offer.

man1234 dont get me wrong, i appreciate that you are going out of your way to answer expats Q's, but telling them to ask for a salary that is almost double what they were offered is a surefire way to get the employer to retract the offer.

therefore, please (everyone) be careful when giving advice regarding salary - i wrote a sticky on the forum a long time ago about how much salary is enough and what salary to ask for.

case in point, when i started my career here as a working professional i was getting paid 250KD (true story), as an accountant.my next salary was double that as a junior auditor in an audit firm.

when i was making 250, others working the same job in different companies were making 350, Alkhalid vs. Kharafi, there, i can back it up with names of companies.

do not just say, oh u should get this much. tell them how u got that information.

people, please realize that the advice you give to strangers on this forum can thoroughly impact their lives. do not take matters lightly.

just saying.

hakuna matata.

I agreed legacy, this time I did mistake as I don't know how much maximum salary gets in his native country for 4 years' experience guy. I always ask years of experience, technology, present salary and where he/she is working before giving any advice. I am from India and presently working in a bank in their IT (software) division in Kuwait. In India sometimes(not always) 4 years' experience persons get KD 350-450 salary, the person who is getting KD 350-450 in his native country there is no meaning to come to another country on KD 800, if you compare house rent  in Kuwait with my native country it is 5-6 times higher , here cost of living is much higher. This time I gave advice without knowing these information. Sorry for this.

hey legacy, i like your comments and brainstorming for the advisers here with your own inspiring stories, good job. I know a story of a man who almost lost the offer on such grounds.

now i also have got an offer, not written yet, of 1750 kd pm. i have 2.5 experience in the legal field. I will be bringing my wife too, after i settle here. i think that amount is attractive from what i read on the forum right?

very attractive - take it without hesitation. be sure to inquire as to other benefits such as COLA (Cost of living allowance), annual ticket, medical for you and wife (+kids in future) etc.