Salary of 1600 KD a month

I have been offered a job in KNPC refinery with 1600 KD a month. Please suggest wether the same is good enough for a family of three (Wife & 1 kid). How much will I be able to save per month.

It is good, how much you will save depends on your life style

Yes it is good offer. You can save 1000 KD .Try to get more if possible.

Thanks for the response...............The salary offered was final (after negotiation).....Apart for this they are giving medicals & flight tickets ( twice a year) for me only.

What would be the cost of living for a family of 3 with normal expenditures???

Yes it is good salary. 1 BHK house 260-300 KD. Food 200 KD for 3 persons.You can save 1000 KD per month.
You can accept the offer.What is your kid age?

My kid is presently 1.5 yrs old

You can easily save 1000 KD

Medical should be cover for your whole family. The flight ticket should give to all family members alongwith you.

WTF it is your life you decision your rule it is up to you how the way you live your life here if you spend like a king then 1,600kd is no enough.

Single dad wrote:

WTF it is your life you decision your rule it is up to you how the way you live your life here if you spend like a king then 1,600kd is no enough.

:offtopic: 

Please read the terms and conditions of this forum which can be found at the bottom of the page.

Hell ya
This is truly awesome
Even kuwaitis aren't able to have this salary
Wish u all the best
Yup u can save 1000 KD per month as others said

It's a decent enough salary. Considering that you will working in KNPC, you will most probably be living in the suburbs of Ahmadi... rents are cheaper. Child expenses for schooling is not an issue now... but even later, if you choose to enroll in an Indian school, the fees are lower than American/ British.

As others have explained, saving depends on lifestyle - do you eat out every weekend? Going to the movies? Shopping at the malls?

Thanks for all you replies.

We are home foody kinda person...........However, occasionally (once in a month) we eat outside. We do prefer going top movies on weekends..Not so much as shoppping freak.

Food for two persons in a decent resturant(one time) : 13-15KD
Movie ticket for per persons:  3.2 KD week end week days:2 KD
If you buy a new car like Toyota Corolla , emi will be 90-100 KD for 5 years( no down payment)
and you can take good condition second hand car .