Search for friends.?

how is it going with your search for friends.?
I am a Brit moving to Hue this coming week so I'll be in the same boat as you were.
Not many names come up if one deos a Hue search for memebers so maybe we meed to wrk at getting a more active group here.
Let me know how its going for you.

Hello Brit,

Kindly note that I have created a new thread from your post on the Hue forum so that it is more visible for the members ..:)

I hope you will get a response soon..:)

Thank you
Yuveshen

Thanks for creating a new topic however I cannot find it!
Not that anyone replied to my original (this) request for contact with Hue ExPats.
ExPats cut me off because I was trying to email members who were Hue resident - you claimed I was dating which believe me is just looking for trouble.  But it seems they have allowed me back!
It seems to me that Hue members do not want an ExPats arrangement of any sorts - no-one seems to contribute.  And I personally am fed up with reading all the messages from other areas of Vietnam where people assume we know where they live.  Not everyone knows where D1 is; not everyone knows Hoan Kiem Lake. And as I am searching for accommodation in Hue I do not want to see lists of properties throughout Vietnam.

I'd happily support a monthly pub-night (I attended La Maison de Cococo last Saturday and will do so again tonight. Saturday - live music 7.30-10. Met NOl ExPats.com but had a wonderful time meeting two people from Holland and Latvia. 

I would like to start a campaign to KEEP HUE FOR HUE

Hello heliopolis1,

How can we help?

Are you looking for accommodations  :/

Thank you,
Marjorie

Marjorie wrote:

Hello heliopolis1,

How can we help?

Are you looking for accommodations  :/

Thank you,
Marjorie

I am trying to set up an ACTIVE HUE ExPat Community!
The few entries on ExPat do not seem to garner much attention.
But I am past worrying too much about it - I am now doing my own thing!

And I have a second idea coming on stream that I would share on expat website - and/or forum.

Hello heliopolis1,

There is also a blog section on this site > Blogs from expats in Hue.

You can create one to share your experiences.

Thank you,
Regards,
Marjorie

heliopolis1 wrote:

I am trying to set up an ACTIVE HUE ExPat Community!
The few entries on ExPat do not seem to garner much attention.
But I am past worrying too much about it - I am now doing my own thing!

And I have a second idea coming on stream that I would share on expat website - and/or forum.

Hi heliopolis1

Welcome to Vietnam, hope you will have nice stay in Hue.

There is a Vietnamese man, who was very active to share experiences, he has English center in Hue, maybe he knew many foreigners there. But unluckily, he's disappeared for long time, and can't see him online in Skype too :D.

Hope he will come back soon.

I will be visiting Hue on this holiday ! It will be my pleasure to meet some great people there !

Cheers!

Hi Guys and Gals

This is for HUE Expatters - hence my reply here and on Hue Forum.
Some of us will be at Le Domaine de Cocodo this Saturday for their Pizza Oven christening.
Cost price deal (69k vnd)  Come prepared to use the outdoor Swimming Pool (optional!).
Apologies that I had been calling this La Maison de Coco.
It's near the cathedral but difficult to find as it is down a kiet/lane which is enough to make you abandon the search.
From town cross the river, cross the railway and turn right in about 100m down kiet towards the cathedral..

This is a weekly event (except for the Pizza) - the event itself is FREE and there is  always good food to purchase)
I do not work for them and the event is FREE - I love going there and want to encourage others to do so.
PM me if you need any further info (I will only reply if you tell me that you live in Hue!)

mr.cit wrote:

I will be visiting Hue on this holiday ! It will be my pleasure to meet some great people there !

Cheers!

I live here and don't meet many ExPats so I don't think you'll have much luck.
Plenty of tourists but not quite the same thing! But PM me if you like and we will see.

Ok so no hope of meeting new ExPats in Hue as presumably there aren't any.
Anyone know of an ExPats hangout that is not a tourist hangout?
Or is Hue just dead on its feet - or perhaps the local ExPats don't want us newbies on their turf?
Anyway I have not met any ExPats but am still having a wonderful time.
But a proper HUE ExPat forum would be useful - I need a dentist - any suggestions?
Thanks

Hi there,  In similar situation to you…and go to gym at cocodo I live nearby.…similar thoughts…Happy to meet for a drink and discuss,

John