INDIAN IN Ho Chi Minh City - where to live and buy vegetarian food?

NEED SOME INFO ABOUT ISSUES FACED BY INDIAN - VEGETATRIANS IN HO CHI MINH CITY

Hello BATRA49,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

What kind of information are you looking for exactly?

Shaazia
Equipe Expat.com

i PLAN TO BE IN HO CHI MINH WITH MY WIFE.
LOOKING FOR POSSIBLE INTERACTION WITH INDIAN COMMUNITY.
AVAILABILTY OF INDIAN FOOD GROCERY?
BEING VEGETARIAN WANT TO KNOW POSSIBLE CONSTRAINTS?
LOCALITY WHERE ONE SHOUD STAY?

Hello BATRA49

While waiting for the Indian community to revert back to you, I invite you to avoid writing with your caps lock on the Forum. It is a bad practise and considered as shouting on a public forum.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Use search - this has been discussed many times. Use search terms HALAL and INDIAN.

You want to look for the word chay on restaurant signs.  There is a lot of really good vegetarian food in Việt Nam and it's very inexpensive. 

That's chay.  No diacritics.  Best of luck.

TEFL Can Tho wrote:

There is a lot of really good vegetarian food in Việt Nam and it's very inexpensive.

Ever wondered why the food is inexpensive?  Ever wonder why 'vegetarian' food is inexpensive?

You might stop using the word 'good' to describe it.

P.S. Me thinks you appeared under another moniker here in the past. My grammar analyser software thinks so, too

It is not easy to be a 100% vegetarian and looking for vegetarian food anywhere in the world i think. So it can pose a challenge in HCM city like anywhere in the world. I have tried many vegetarian places in HCM and around the country. Go to google and search for Happy cow website. In this website you can look at HCM city and have plenty of listing of restaurants that serve some vegetarian and/or fully vegetarian. Three years ago my yoga teacher cater for Indians vegetarian food from a restaurant. So there are some in HCM and just have to do some research.

Hope from my experience can be useful for U and ur wife in HCM.C.

Mandela - Vegetarian
Address: 110, Sương Nguyệt Ánh, Bến Thành Ward, Dist 1

Hum - Vegetarian
Add: 32 Võ Văn Tần, Ward 06, Dist 3
        2 Thi Sách, Bến Nghé Ward, District 1

Hv a nice time in HCM.C!!

Mandela is listed as Mandala in Happy cow website. Both are rated very highly especially HUM. Both are elegantly decorated and is like a fine dining vegetarian restaurants. If comfort and ambient are important then is a good eating experince in these two places. If you live here and a vegetarian many alternatives are available. In D1 I recommend Quan Chay Halo (Dakao) and Phap Hoa. My favorite is in Phu Nhuan , Quan Chay Tuyen Vein which is really tasty. They offer buffet spreads or order from menu. Best of all is comfortable, reasonable price, and really delicious. All are listed in Happy Cow website.

sensesofvietnam wrote:

Mandela is listed as Mandala in Happy cow website.

Genuine, compliant, food sources usually carry a certificate issued by recognised international organisations - and these don't include web sites like 'Happy Cow'.

Happy cow.net is the most recognize website when looking for vegetarian restaurant around the world. They are rated by people who eat at the restaurants. How good, genuine or compliant depends on the rating they gave so it is more of information given and how a user use the information for their benefits.

I am not sure whether is there a branch of Lien Hoa vegetarian restaurant in HCM city. The one I had in hue city is to me the best ever vegetarian restaurant that I have eaten. Not only in Vietnam but in all countries that I have frequent. Check out senses of Vietnam under BLOGS or following link

sensesofvietnam.blogspot.com/

think yourself lucky! plenty of veg restaurants in saigon; not one where i live in the north. lucky i eat fish or i would have shrunk to nothing.