As a Canadian wanting to move to Ecuador, sports question!

I was wondering what the internet options are there? (packages) I would definitely like to know if NHL games can be streamed? For example, if I am an NHL Gamecentre subscriber, would I be able to sign in while living in Ecuador and watch the streams? I guess I am wondering on the internet speeds they offer etc.. ie. Cuenca, Ecuador.

Thanks everone!

Despite the fact that the locals and the Expats could give a flying fig about the NHL, I think you could achieve what you want in EC.

I visited the Gamecenter website from my computer here in Quito.  They say it's available "everywhere," and I evidently could have signed up for the service if I had wanted to.

Since some Expats have a problem at first getting web service at home (you or your landlord would need the EC ID or "cedula"), you might have to watch some games at an Internet café, as I occasionally have with NBA, MLB and NFL web services.

A while back I started a thread about watching sports on TV and the web in Ecuador, titled "Hello Again, Sports Fans."  To navigate over there, type the name of the thread into the Search Expat.com box that usually appears at the top of this page, and then click on the search icon to the right of the box.

cccmedia in Quito

Thank you very much.

Hey buddy.
I have been living here for htree years. Another Candian friend of mine is a pc nerd and makes a living here in Cuenca getting people hooked up to stream all things sports....especially, of course NHL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you know that if you buy an apartment or house that meets the govt requirements you can get lifelong residency here quickly, easily and cheaply?!?!!

You don't need to spend a fortune on lawyers. They are welcoming us with open arms down here. I started my own business to get my residency and I did everything myself from start to finish in 6 or 7 weeks. ( I had to pay for some legla docs because I was setting up a limited business, but I paid nothing to nobody as far as getting residency sorted.)

Come on down. Ecuador is amazing

my name is Greg Fidler

Take care,
Greg

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : no free ads here please + do not post your personal contact details on the forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct