High-Speed Broadband Internet - Salinas

It took me almost 1 year to analyze all the options - and there are more than you can imagine - through a constantly changing landscape of Internet services. It took me almost 90 days to actually get the service installed from inception of the process to full installation.  However, I have been enjoying true high-speed broadband Internet access now for over a week, field testing it under various conditions.  The results are fabulous. Solid, steady, uninterrupted service, at consistently high speeds.  I chose an option that allows 2 MB up and 2 MB down, with a 1:1 dedicated line connection. Speed levels are available at much higher levels, which could blow that speed away. Multiple options are available at slower connection speeds, including non-dedicated lines, which would fit the more routine uses in most households.  Let's not mince words - the cost of such service, especially with the higher end dedicated lines, is steep. real steep.  Much more steep than that which you would find in the USA, Canada, Europe...the majority of the so-called “First World” nations.  However, if you need to have the speed and functionality, this is the only real way to go in Salinas, Ecuador, at least for now.

I am talking about speeds where even sizable and heavy file downloads are instantaneous. Where uploading heavy graphical and even video is lightening fast - at least for Ecuador. Where downloading and playing back video is quick, flawless...with none of the “stop and start, jerky” motions that video playback across poor connection speeds engenders. Where talking on Skype, Vonage, or any of the other VOIP phone options allows for perfect clarity voice calls, without the constant interruptions in service and loss of quality. I have been so impressed with the service that I promised the service provider I would let as many folks know about it as possible...and that I would host an Internet Service Orientation Event, for anyone that was interested in the major high-speed options.  A few things to be clear from the get go.  First, I am getting zero in terms of compensation for this. I mean...z-e-r-o. No fees, no service discounts...not sure I will get a thank you.  Second, when I said I am hosting the event...I mean...way back in the shadows, I am serving as host. The presentation is 100% fully made by the service provider. They present the facts...you ask them the questions directly.  Lastly, because I know the cost for the high end service will be cost-prohibitive for many, I had the service provider agree that while the featured presentation would focus on their high-end, premium service, they would also present information on the entire package of Internet services that they offer, which would meet any and all budgets. Literature for all the options will also be made available.

The point of this post is to invite anyone in the greater Salinas area to contact me, either in this thread or via the email that appears underneath my signature below, and advise me if there is a date or time preference in the next two weeks which would work best for you to attend. It can be as general or detailed as you like. Basically, I am looking to see if a weekday, as opposed to a weekend day is best. Whether morning, afternoons, or evenings works best.  You get the picture. Give me some feedback...leave your name, email address and the number of people that would attend the event.  I will contact you with a date and time, based upon the feedback I receive.  Imo, this is a must attend event for anyone that falls into any of the categories below:

1) Local Salinas area business owner;
2) Day trader in stocks;
3) Commodities trader;
4) Work from home graphic artist;
5) Work from home marketing consultant;
6) Any consultant that has heavy-duty graphical, imaging or large file transfer needs;
7) Anyone interested in installing the service as part of a high-end Cyber Cafe.

Those specific industry users come to mind immediately, but maybe you all can think of more folks that could use such a high end Internet service.  Again, provide your feedback on date/times, etc., as well your RSVP, either via a direct response to this post or via email, as listed below.

Hector G. Quintana “HGQ”
[email protected]

I don't know where to begin

Hello Hector,
Thanks for you helpful work on this blog.
We are interested in checking out the idea of an internet cafe in Salinas. Paying for consulting is my preference.
Paul Maxon
[email protected]

Paul,

Contact me at [email protected] and let us discuss details.

Hector

Hello runawayfromwinter

Please note that the post of Hector is dated back in 2011! You may not get any response.

I invite you to check out our forum section Telecommunications in Ecuador to gather some infos about internet connection.

Regards
Kenjee

Hello runawayfromwinter,

Was here in 2011...still going strong in 2015...be here in 2020...lol. The key question is what's your budget? Do you need oceanfront or ocean view?

Hector

HGQ2112 wrote:

Was here in 2011...still going strong in 2015...be here in 2020...lol.
Hector

I know you're a busy guy, so in 100 words or less, what are the biggest changes in Internet doings on the Coast since your in-depth report above, from 2011?

cccmedia in Quito

1) Extremely high prices, reduced somewhat, for same source fibre optic service. Still exorbitant, just less so.
2) NetLife service introduced into region, which is a midway point between true fibre optic coverage and the previous snail speed of most anything else. Cost, as would be deduced, is also at the midway point of the two extremes. Could serve for many business needs that are not high video intensive...or high photo upload intensive. At the higher end of the spectrum (and high cost) for NetLife service, you might be able to get by for even those more intensive business tasks. Too many plans and options to succinctly quote price. Value still not as good as in other parts of the globe. NetLife service is sketchy, in terms of customer care.

That's the short(er) version.

@ runawayfromwinter > This topic is about "High-speed Broadband Internet - Salinas " and you are a bit off topic here.

For your accommodation search, i would invite you to post your ad with all the details in the Housing in Ecuador section, it is more appropriate.

Thanks,

Priscilla  :cheers: