Moving to kuwait from USA

Hi, I live in USA and I am thinking of moving to kuwait I want to move to an Islamic country so my kids can learn the islamic religion and learn arabic as well
So can anyone tell me what's the process like moving there. And I don't know anyone there so how do I find a place to live right away
Thank you and I truly appreciate for your response

You should find a job first then move

Hello,

If you are an American citizen, you can obtain a visit visa as you arrive at Kuwait Airport. This will enable you to reside in the country for three (renewable) months. Then, you may find a job (or a way) to get a permanent residency (visa).

Regarding accommodation, you can get this arranged through a real estate office or an intermediator (of whom Kuwaitis are the most reliable). Average cost of a good quality "unfurnished" apartment is 350 K.D.

Please feel free should you have more inquiries.

Good luck,

Ahmed

Thank you very much for your reply
I appreciated
And yes I am an American citizen
I'll ask more questions later
Thanks again

Most welcome, anytime.

First u have to find a job with family visa here in kuwait in a good company..then u can Abel to come here n here easy to find accommodation for leaving with family.

Well I want to come as a family visa then obtain residency there and find a job
Right now I work as a housekeeper in America
Also does the government help you there

First off, what I'm going to say could be a bit upsetting to some but since I formed this opinion from life experiences I'm gonna share it in the spirit of this forum.

To answer ur question, you need a sponsor to "move" and settle in Kuwait. You can enter Kuwait with a visa on arrival (by virtue of your nationality) and stay for 3 moths if I am not mistaken. You CANNOT change the visit visa into a resident's visa while u r still in Kuwait. U would need to depart, then ur would-be sponsor gets the visa issued then come back in as a resident.

However, moving, while effective as a method of learning, it's very inefficient in this case. IMHO, it is enough for you to visit an Islamic country (and I believe Kuwait is one of the best to visit for that purpose) and you can take away from this visit what you need wherever you go in this world .... the keys to Islamic knowledge.

You say:

zeynab71 wrote:

I want to move to an Islamic country so my kids can learn the islamic religion and learn arabic as well

This is kinda like saying: "I want to move to Egypt to experience the life of the Pharaohs". I have seen people come to Kuwait for the exact reason you mention only to be let down by how far the society is from the teachings of Islam and how uncommon Arabic is (the standard Arabic that is). Standard Arabic hasn't been spoken in day to day life in a loooooong time and sadly, while most of the learning material you would find is for standard Arabic, there is little chance for you to practice it here.

Now why I say Kuwait is one of the best Islamic countries to visit? Kuwait is a small country which is very diverse. This country has little tolerance for intolerance. So, the "Islamic society" you'll find in Kuwait contains a wide spectrum of ideologies and schools of thought. Many "Islamic" elements are very visible and well maintained ... big beautiful mosques everywhere, moderate call to prayers 5 times a day, people going for prayers, lectures .. etc. All of that beside big shopping malls, a nice coast line and a luxurious (to an extent) life style.

Summary, since you're doing this for your kids, do visit Kuwait and other Islamic countries (well chosen ones). An extended visit every once in while will go a long way with them, and limit the exposure to the many negative sides of our societies that are unfairly linked to Islam when in fact they contradict the ideas and goals of Islam.

Careful now... I've heard several people mention that of a three month entry visa... maybe there's more then one kind (I've had two of them in the last couple months / commercial and tourist) - holding one in my hand as I write this... it states that it is good to be used 'within' a three month period, 'but' ... it is only valid for 'one' month from the date it is stamped (upon entry).  So, in reality it is a one month visa ... and if you or an agent of yours have obtained it while still abroad, you have three months in which to arrive and one month of validity.  I hope I'm explaining this in a way that the proper point is made. 

Have a great week!  :)

JFU, i could not have said it better myself.

in essence, your intentions are noble, but you need a bit more study and work to get it going.

Kuwait is far from being an inexpensive country, as everyone mentioned, by virtue of your passport, you can enter Kuwait, however staying in kuwait will cost you an arm and a leg especially if you are not working. visit numbeo.com for a rough idea on costs here, or check other posts on this forum.

the first question that springs to mind is do u have adequate savings to get here and stay here for a while? and to answer your other question, unless you are Kuwaiti, the government will not help you.

another issue which raises itself is, your husband. you mentioned moving to Kuwait with your children to learn about Islam but not your husband, now i am not prying into your private life, however it is most difficult for a mother to sponsor her own children should she have a job here, it is done but it is a long, tedious procedure. usually the male of the household sponsors his wife, children etc. another factor to consider before coming here.

again, it is not for anyone here to tell you how to live your life. we simply put forward all the possibilities you might encounter. if you are determined on coming to Kuwait, then the first thing you need to do is find a job here, and you can read up on the forum on the numerous ways to get such from the comfort across the ocean. simply apply online until something clicks.

best of luck.

Hi dear, just apply your visa here and lot of apartments here that u can stay here.

Hi

First find a job here with a decent salary, then everything will be easy, there are a lot of flats with different range of prices according to your budget, new and used car are available, you can take a car loan from a bank after only 3 months from working there, life is easy don't worry, if you need anything else just ask.

ASSALAM O ALIKUM.

I REALY APPERCIATE UR THINKS ABOUT UR CHILDREN TO MAKE THEM PERFECT MUSLIMS.AS MUCH I KNOW THERE IS NO VISA DIFFICULTY FOR US PASSPORT HOLDERS TO COME TO KUWAIT.U CAN GET EASILY.

UR SECOND QUESTION ABOUT THE ACCOMMODATION, SO THE FLATS ARE AVAILABLE BUT IT DEPENDS UPON THE LOCATION, SO THROUGH DIFFERENT REALESTATE OFFICES U CAN CHECK & SELECT THE FLAT & ITS MONTHLY CHARGES.

THANKS

ZAFAR ALI

Hi Zeynab,
I suggest you before you move to Kuwait, come visit for few weeks and see the country to have a better idea how life is in Kuwait. People will tell you many things from their experiences but better you see things in your eyes.

Regarding learning  Islam and Arabic , Suadi Arabia is more suitable than Kuwait. That's my opinion.

Wish you Good luck.

please do not type in CAPS  :dumbom: