IT Job And Business

Hi All,

I am looking for job in IT in Ecuador. I have plan to move Ecuador from India as my wife is Ecuadorian citizen.
I could not get much help in this context. I send my resumes where ever i could but got no much response.
Any help will be appreciated?

Anyone want to setup any IT consultancy in Ecuador can on board me i think it should be easy to work from Ecuador for any small IT project in Ecuador or USA etc.

Any input in this context will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Raj

me.raj.chaudhary wrote:

I am looking for job in IT in Ecuador. I have plan to move Ecuador from India as my wife is Ecuadorian citizen.
I could not get much help in this context.

In October, I responded to your quest with a post about the Correa Administration's City of Knowledge project in Urququi (ur-KOOKY), Ecuador, two hours from Quito.  You said you would look into that.

What did you find...

cccmedia in Quito

I wrote them but did not get any response my family in Ecuador called them but was nothing much. Probably they have time for taking in people like me.
Was no much help or was zero :(.

You are in Quito as I saw mostly IT is in Quito If you spot anything let me know may be google and internet is not so much help for Ecuador job search.
Thanks for comments and response.

me.raj.chaudhary wrote:

I saw mostly IT is in Quito,  If you spot anything let me know....may be google and internet is not so much help for Ecuador job search.
Thanks for comments and response.

You're probably right -- they're not taking you seriously, Raj.  After all, you're over 10,000 miles away and no Expat without connections here gets hired without an in-person interview.

Consider:

(1) Get familiar with the requirements for a professional residency visa.  The ministry's website is cancilleria.gob.ec ...

(2) Boots on the ground:  visit Quito and Urcuqui, network around in person and meet the decision-makers.

cccmedia in Quito

Yes this can be one reason.
I am planning to visit there will see then if can get something.
Thank you for your inputs :).

Regards,
Raj

Hi me.raj.chaudhary  and  cccmedia

I am also from India and planning to come ecuador may be next month .
I am also looking for IT jobs.
Can you please tell me which city would be best of three quito cuenca guaycayill for IT people and where we find Indian people.

Itss very hard to find indian people through web search....

Thanks

Hi Sameer

I think most IT companies business is in Quito.
You can look there.
I did not get much success from India and will be good if you look there.
TCS
Thoughtworks

Are few names I know are there in Quito ecuador.

You can look job on linden and other job portals.
My information is limited probably like you.
There are Indian just keep looking you will come to know some for sure.
Good luck.

sameer224 wrote:

Hi me.raj.chaudhary  and  cccmedia

I am also looking for IT jobs.
Can you please tell me which city would be best of three: Quito, Cuenca or Guayaquil for IT people and where we find Indian people.

It's very hard to find Indian people through web search.

All signs point to Quito, at least to start.

It's the capital and a foremost international city.

Why not have a few meals and network with the folks at some of the various Indian restaurants in and around the Mariscal Sector:  Great India Restaurant, Sher-e-Punjab Restaurant and the mellifluously-named Chandani Tandoori Restaurant, for starters.

As brother Chaudhary knows, there is an IT-oriented community that has started up in the town of Urcuqui (ur-KOOKY), two hours from Quito.  There, the Correa Administration is supporting the so-called City of Knowledge, a Silicon Valley for Ecuador.  Google some of these terms for more information online.

cccmedia in Quito
(original post edited for spelling by cccmedia)

Hi raj and cccmedia

Thx for ur response guys.....so u suggest me to land in quito rather than cuenca...i was thinking of it because my attorney is from cuenca who will be applying PR for me....
I wouls definately go to indian restaurant for networking as u said....thx for the tip...

Whats the best way to look for accomodation if in case i dont find any indian guy to help me with accomodation and airport pickup...

Also guys if u know if there is any mosque to pray...or if u know any muslim guy....

I would really appreciate ur help
Thanks

sameer224 wrote:

raj and cccmedia...
Whats the best way to look for accomodation if in case i dont find any indian guy to help me with accomodation and airport pickup...

Although you won't find the lowest rates online, you could check reviews and rates at booking.com for a place to stay the first couple of nights.

Alternatively, you could just show up at the hotel where I used to stay, the Hotel Ambassador, 9 de octubre y Colon.  Unless it's a holiday, they always have rooms, and you won't get gouged financially.  It's in a central location and has good security.  You may need minimal Spanish to talk to the front desk and get settled.

Taxistas are plentiful at the new Quito airport, looking for that $25-30 per person payday.  There's a cheaper way into town, but it involves changing buses at the old terminal and is not practical for most folks flying in from Asia with luggage.

Ask the folks at the Indian restaurants about prayer venues.

cccmedia in Quito