Changing euros to gbp?

Hi guys. Just wondering for those who go back to England how and where do u change your euros for pounds?
I have come back to uk for Xmas. I had to pay for the flights out my English bank account as couldn't with my bov so took the euros back with me to put in the bank. There was 440 euros I went everywhere to get the best conversion and the best was 305 gbp !!!  :o
I don't know much about the conversion etc but it seems like a big difference!
I'm going back again at the end of Jan and would rather not do that again if there is another way???
Thanks !

http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/con … amp;To=GBP

That conversion shows 344 quid, but that excludes poor rates from banks and money changers.
The moral being, check the rough rates, then shop around.

i change money throught PayPal ... if i need English money i get my husband (his bov visa card is linked to his PayPal ) to send me a payment to my paypal in euros he also pays PayPal fee in euros - you receive payment in euros and paypal will tell you how much you will get in English money  - you then can withdraw to your registered bank account ,

Worth noting the first time you withdraw to uk bank account can take 2 days just for security checks and money laundering procedures after that it can be done instantly up to 2 hours but usually its in straight away

Hi yeah I saw the conversion online which made me realize it seemed ridiculous. As I said I did shop around and that was the best I could get  :mad:

Rob.. That sounds like a good idea! My hubby actually mentioned about PayPal this morning so was gonna check if I could link my bov account to it. So we do that when I get back!

Thanks

440 euros to UK = £342.80 in your bank with 'Transferwise.com' at the moment.

I got a rate in the other direction of 1.26 euros last week. They say to allow 2 working days for the conversion and delivery to the account of your choice but mine happened same day.

Ray

The rates that you will see on de are middle rates these are not rates that are available for public these are buying rates for banks and financial institutions.  Transfer wise use a percentage on middle rates and this can change from the time you order to the time you pay.  He rate you got was actually a very bad rate if it's correct as it was a rate of approx 1.44 this must have included a fee, did you do this through the bank ? If you want to message me I can go through other options as I am in this industry and helped a lot of people here already